Wyoming draw question

UtahMountainMan

Hey guys, quick question but I just want to clarify 2 things...

1 - If I apply for a deer or elk tag as a NR, and I DO NOT draw, do I get a refund AND a point? Or do I only get a point if I choose to NOT get a refund of the license amount? (I know they keep a small part of the app fee regardless)

2 - The only difference between the regular and special draw is that you are spending more money to have an increase in odds?

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

You will get a refund and point if you chose the point option when you applied. If not you can purchase a point after the draw.

The special draw in most cases is better odds and more money.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-12 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]If you want and indicated that you want a point if not drawn and did not draw, you will get a refund minus the money for that species point. Deer $40.00 & elk $50.00. Yes and plus thier minumal fee. If you did not indict a point then you can purchase that right now during the point period.

The second question you are right on. Higher price, but usaully better odds, but not always. Have to keep up on that one, but usaully a better chance of drawing!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom