Wyoming Elk Results?

30Hart

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-12 AT 01:09PM (MST)[p]Let's hear them. Tick...tick...tick...maybe tomorrow, maybe next week.

Here is how February plays out most every year for the last 4-5 years.
The new Primos Truth Elk DVD come available.....

Then the Wyo elk results.....

Then my B-Day on the 27th.....

The Primos 15 is schedule for delivery the 13th--UPS tracking.

Week of the 20th....Wyo elk results---

Week of the 27th ~~~~ ya know....ha

Robb

It was also put on the little ticker that posts current news at the top of the F&G website late this afternoon.

>Looks like they will be released
>Monday at 8:00 am.
>
>"Rather fail with honor than succeed
>by fraud"

Monday is a holiday !
tues is the 21st

please give us a tag...

MassNTrash I put in for Moose, sheep, goat, antelope, deer, elk, and bison all on january 5th lol i couldnt wait so you are free to apply whenever you like.

I can't wait! I just need to know . . . what I plan for the rest of the hunting year hinges on what I find out with this one.

Good luck to all of you. I'm sure many of you are counting down the hours until you know as well.

Has anyone been able to see the draw results yet. For some reason the system can not find my info. I will have to call tomorrow.

Not sure why it can't find your info.When i pull up the draw results it shows my current point totals ( before draw ).

Struck out..On the bright side, maybe next year there can be 6 or 7 more posts on a good odds unit by E scouters THAT WILL TOTALY SCREW IT!

Yes, I'm pouting. congrats to those that pulled a tag.

The highlight for me was applying a couple of my buddies for only the second time and they drew....

31-1 RANDOM
45-1 RANDOM

What are the odds of a that? (1% and 4% respectively!)

No luck for me either...maybe some year. Well at least I got my preference point out of the way!

Not sure what the F happened should have drawn no problem and didn't.Now I need to do some number crunching and figure out what's next.

Nothing for me except another point (7 points now). I guess I will now be a little more agressive in my UT application.
Good luck to those that draw.

>The highlight for me was applying
>a couple of my buddies
>for only the second time
>and they drew....
>
>31-1 RANDOM
>45-1 RANDOM
>
>
>What are the odds of a
>that? (1% and 4% respectively!)
>

Talk about beating the odds! Congrats!

Congrats hk3m. I got lucky too....unit 2. I guess my vacation schedule just got fixed for the next 8 months or so. Anybody out there hunted 2 in the last few years?

Draw Odds up...looks like a lot of the premium areas took hits and tag numbers were lowered such as 31, 100, 124 etc. For example my area gave out 29 total NR tags last year, this year 19. Also, the reg draw for 113 gave you 50% better draw odds than the more expensive special draw...go figure!

My Dad and I were both unsuccessful for 31. He has max, I have one less.

Layemdown

"Vegetables are not food, vegetables are what food eats!!"

Unsuccessful all choices . . . I couldn't really hope for the bull tag, but I had started to let myself daydream of a second choice cow. Oh well, I guess I will start planning an antelope hunting trip. That doesn't sound too bad!

My three boys all pulled the big unsuccessful. One now has 7 points and the other two have 6 points.

I guess I can look at Utah, Nevada, Idaho & Colorado now that I know these dates are open!!! Good luck to all!!!

A friend and I drew Unit 45 elk!! Going to bowhunt first and if necessary come back for rifle. Hoping to get out there for a scouting trip in late August!!

I drew a unit 7 tag, I am pumped. I only had four PP'S, so I am in a state of shock as well. I can't wait.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

Well that's nice. The stats page says 79 guys applied for a quota of.............zero tags...........for our unit 124!

The good part is my odds will be much better than that for a sheep tag anywhere this year.

That 79 was from the random draw...124 doesn't have enough tags for the random draw just like some of the sheep tags...same w/ the special random draw. But there was 1 issued in the reg preference point draw and 2 in the special preference point draw. Like I said tag quotas have dropped in a lot of the good areas.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-12 AT 07:20PM (MST)[p]30 Hart is right on the button. There were no tags available in either of the random draws because there was only 1 tag available in each of the PP draws. The only reason 2 were issued in the Special is obviously that a party of two were selected for the one available tag, which caused that second tag to be given out. Unless guys put in for 124 hoping to draw a PP and draw their second choice, I can't understand why you would even waste your time putting in for a unit like that.

No luck here. Looks like the unit I've been applying for several years had the odds go through the roof compared to previous years. Seen several posts here on the unit, so its not a surprise, but goes to show you how publicity can make drawing odds go down. Oh well, one more pref point to add to the collection. Probably need to change my strategy next year.

Drew unit 31 also as a random! Can't wait for the hunt! Thanks Delmag! Any pointers or success photos from 31 would be great to start getting the blood flowing!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-12 AT 10:55PM (MST)[p] Never mind, it was already explained by TOPGUN, Maybe I should read all of the posts the first time through

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom