Wyoming Elk Results

30Hart

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-15 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p]So much for the 24th!!! I really thought today was going to be it. I called and they said there were problems with the draw so results will be released Friday morning...good luck to all!

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-15
>AT 10:01?AM (MST)

>
>So much for the 24th!!!
>I really thought today was
>going to be it.
>I called and they said
>there were problems with the
>draw so results will be
>released Friday morning...good luck to
>all!

Probably realized they had issued me a tag and had to go back and figure out how to screw me out of it. lol

Thanks for the update. I haven't been very productive at work over the last two days. Now I can get something done this week...at least until Friday!

Hey there Brian. No, back to my roots here in VA. I miss chasing those tasty elk though so i'm hoping to get back out west this fall. Hope all is well. If WY takes care of me on Friday I'll try to look you up when we're out there. Fantastic NV bull btw, loved the pictures!

Congrats to the lucky ones.

My intent was to look for a leftover, likely RP Cow, tag to scout future bull areas if I didn't draw this year. So, any idea when the leftover lists will be published!

>Leftovers published after the draws are
>done...

Thanks for the response but that's pretty obvious. So Friday afternoon?

>>Leftovers published after the draws are
>>done...
>
>
>Thanks for the response but that's
>pretty obvious. So Friday
>afternoon?

Not quite so obvious....as I believe Bob meant after all the big game draws are done. That would mean sometime over the summer?

You guys will have to tell me if I am lucky or not. I have hunted general deer off and on for 20+ years as non-resident. I decided to put in for General elk, 0 points, and I drew. I think I know where I am going, but will accept input!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-15 AT 12:59PM (MST)[p]>Congrats on the tag.
>Yes, after the resident draw as
>Buzz mentioned, because there are
>no leftover NR elk tags.
>
Sorry first post ! trying to figure this out. Just found out that I drew a unit 31 elk tag WOW !! Cant wait to get out there and check the area out.

Unit 021 type 6 last year had 72 available tags for the NR draw ,this year reduced to 38. I feel pretty lucky to draw one.

Headed to Wyoming again. 54 Type 2 Bull Tag. Did a fair amount of research before deciding to apply, but seeing that very few people with points applied for this hunt has me wondering exactly why that is?? Does anybody have any insight on this?

Even if the hunting does not end up being what we are hoping for, I think it is going to be a memorable adventure. Lots of grizz to deal with.

Excavator

>You guys will have to tell
>me if I am lucky
>or not. I have
>hunted general deer off and
>on for 20+ years as
>non-resident. I decided to
>put in for General elk,
>0 points, and I drew.
> I think I know
>where I am going, but
>will accept input!

Man I'm frustrated right now. I didn't draw a GEN tag with 1 point. I thought I had a better than 60% chance based on last year's statistics. I'll be curious to see what the statistics look like when they come out.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom