Wyoming Elk Unit 1

Bobbyosan

well, after 13 years of applying, I finally pulled my Wyoming any elk tag in Unit 1, the Black Hills of Wyoming. I have spent an endless amount of time in the South Dakota Black Hills during my 30 year career in the Air Force most of which was spent a Ellsworth AFB. If any of you have any information that could help me out it would be greatly appraised.

I put my son in for this hunt , he didn't draw with 11pts . Its sounded like a fun hunt for average bull . Good luck to you . Hope you have a great time and pictures to share after your hunt.

I put my son in for this hunt , he didn't draw with 11pts . Its sounded like a fun hunt for average bull . Good luck to you . Hope you have a great time and pictures to share after your hunt.
I had 12 points this year. I would have put in for unit 7 or one of the Big Horn units but didn’t know if I would have anyone to hunt with and hauling an elk out 5 to 8 miles on my back is not a bit appealing. I have tons of friends in Rapid City so it doesn’t matter where I knock a bull down, I will have support to help. Keep me in mind if you put in next year and I will give you all the info i accrue this year.

I was going to put in for that area this year with 12 points but decided to shoot for the moon and put in for a max point area instead. I more than likely will put in for that tag next year. I'd be interested to see how your hunt turns out. Are you going to bow hunt and go back for rifle if it doesn't pan out during archery?

I was going to put in for that area this year with 12 points but decided to shoot for the moon and put in for a max point area instead. I more than likely will put in for that tag next year. I'd be interested to see how your hunt turns out. Are you going to bow hunt and go back for rifle if it doesn't pan out during archery?
That is exactly what I am going to do. I am planing on going up to bow hunt for approximately 10 days probably around the 10th of Sept or so. gives me plenty of time to hunt/scout. If I don’t connect I will be back a couple of days before rifle season starts to seal the deal. Keep me in mind for next year and I will pass on all intel I get.

That is what I had this year. 12 points. Two elk hunting buddies that live in Rapid City and I have been putting in all these years and one of them and I both put in and both of us got pulled. Our third buddy is going to hold off to try to get one of harder to pull areas. Plus he has a Canada moose hunt this year that was postponed from last year because the border being shut down due to Covid.

That is exactly what I am going to do. I am planing on going up to bow hunt for approximately 10 days probably around the 10th of Sept or so. gives me plenty of time to hunt/scout. If I don’t connect I will be back a couple of days before rifle season starts to seal the deal. Keep me in mind for next year and I will pass on all intel I get.
That is a solid plan and probably exactly how I would go about hunting the area if I had the tag I'll definitely keep in touch with you and see how it goes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom