Wyoming Ewe Tags??

Wyo

I was just checking out the Wyoming legislative session webpage and found some interesting reading. Apparently Wyoming will now have Ewe bighorn sheep tags effective 7/1/09. So next year a person will be able to apply for a ewe tag. Not sure of all the details, but I hope they do something similar to what Colorado does with ewe tags.

We don't need ewe tags - we need wolf tags. Again the legistlators are following the wrong trail!!!

...And Res. pref. points for big game will be on the town-hall agendas during the non-legislative "year" 'til next session.
Get ready, be smart, think foglessly, whatever your observations may be.

Im not sure of the reason for ewe tags either, seems to me if one area has too many ewes then maybe transplant them to an area that is low in sheep numbers. Although I have read that select ewe harvest can actually benefit bighorn sheep herds.
As far as the resident preference point gimmick, I've heard of that too and I pray it doesn't resort to that. With the exception of a few areas I really don't think resident odds for deer, elk ,and antelope are that bad. In my opinion some of the hard to draw areas aren't necissarily the best trophy quality, rather they are areas where it is much easier to harvest a decent sized animal ie. 320 class bull, or 160 class buck.

No offense to anyone, I just can't imagine a desire to shoot a ewe????

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I don't see much desire in shooting a ewe. But I PRAY they pass a resident preference system. Although I do great when it comes to drawing antelope the rest sucks. I have applied for seventeen years for elk and deer with out on single permit! Last ten years my elk area has a 32% odds of drawing and nothing yet. With a point system I would have three elk tags buy now.Please get a point system going!

If they offer ewe tags, I hope the do it like Colorado does. That is, you could draw the permit as a second choice and it wouldn't effect your points. Also, I hope you could draw a ewe tag without the 5 year wait (like Montana and Colorado).

I would shoot a ewe. Then again, I've shot my fair share of rams. A ewe hunt would be a great way to introduce a kid to sheep hunting.

Does anyone have a link to how the law will actually read?

>I would shoot a ewe.
>Then again, I've shot my
>fair share of rams.
>A ewe hunt would be
>a great way to introduce
>a kid to sheep hunting.
>

I agree. Not only that, it's another opportunity just to be able to hunt. I've never shot a ram, and it would pretty much take an act of God for me to get a permit, but I might have an honest shot at a ewe tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom