Wyoming Governors Tag

K

kkrienke

The Rocky Mountain Elk foundation will be auctioning off a Wyoming Governors tag at the Austin Texas chapter banquet on Jan. 28th 2012. The tag will allow you to hunt the big game animal of your choice (Elk, Mule Deer, or Antelope) with any weapon during any season in any unit. We will be accepting bids by phone the night of the banquet. If you know anyone that would want to get there hands on one of these coveted tags, just let me know. You may also call me at 512 818-2643. As always the money raised will be used to enhance and improve the wildlife and habitat.

Will it be used to enhance and improve the wildlife and habitat in Wyoming, or somewhere else?

If the big money generated by that tag doesn't stay in Wyoming, then something is drastically wrong with the system!

It sounds like this is a commissioners tag, not a governors tag. I believe with the governors tag you can hunt the whole state for an extended period of time where as a commissioners tag you have to choose a single unit and hunt during the regular season dates. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's the case in Utah, but not Wyoming. I'm trying to find out on the net, but so far have not been able to get a definitive answer. I'll keep trying and if I come up with something I'l get back on the thread.

With a Gov tag,you can hunt any open area in the state for whatever species you choose(with some exceptions).This includes LQ units.With a comm tag,you must choose the unit and hunt that unit only.

+1 nontyp.... that is correct. Comm tag holder choose any area in the state and hunt it with the seasons it is open. Gov tag holders hunt any area around the state that is open and can move to different areas.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom