Wyoming Hunting Regs Question

MNHunter

Hey Guys,
I'm heading to WY this week for the first time and I have a question regarding general hunting rules. Can you have an uncased rifle in the cab of a vehicle like in SD or does it have to be cased at all times like here in MN? I looked on the WY site and couldn't find the info.
Thanks

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

From the regs. under the 'Legal Firearms' section:
'Wyoming has no restrictive laws concerning firearms which
may be legally possessed under the laws of one's home state.
Firearms may be carried uncased in vehicles although safety
dictates that all firearms in a vehicle should be unloaded
with action open.'

In other words here in Wyoming you can have your rifle locked and loaded in the cab with you and you are perfectly legal.

Isn't Wyo the least restrictive state when it comes to firearms? That's almost enough to make one move there from Kali.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-06 AT 06:11AM (MST)[p]Well, lets put it this way-I work for a county road and bridge department. I have a gun rack in my road grader for chance encounters with coyotes, and for lunch breaks that occasionally involve turning prarie dogs to a fine red mist. most of the county is pretty rural.

"Isn't Wyo the least restrictive state when it comes to firearms? That's almost enough to make one move there from Kali."

Just what WY needs. All the liberal jackasses to move there to take over and make it a mini-kali!!!

And no, I'm not accusing you of being a liberal jackass so don't take offense to it.

It's Bush's fault!!!

sremim;

I am from Kali, but I do not resent your attitude about people from my state moving there. I am familar with the changes made in the Jackson Hole area with all the liberals that moved there and started demanding changes.
I feel the same way about those same liberals moving from L.A. and the bay area to my area of N. CA. and start demanding street lights and starbucks coffee shops.

RELH

I knew that one was coming. . . and no offense taken as I don't consider myself a liberal.

As with Relh, I too have seen the changes in Wyoming and also in Colorado. It's the same in my immediate area which is very conservative and known as "The State of Jefferson". We just got our very own Espresso Shop and New York libs are trying to shut down our logging, mining and ranching industries.

Soninway,
I'd love to see that road grader! Around here even gun racks in our pickups are slowly disappearing.

The only problem you will have in Wyoming with guns is if you have one concealed and you don't have a CCW permit for it. Other than that, pack them how you want.
Another note, it is legal in Wyoming to open carry a sidearm at any time...not just during hunting season.
When hunting my rifle is always bolt open and chamber empty while in my vehicle.
My CCW firearm is a different story.

"RKBA....ALL THINGS CONSIDERED"

I was shock when a warden said it was ok to have my rifle loaded
in my quad gun rack!
rm

You are wrong Steve. Open container for passenger is legal for now, but that will soon fade into oblivion as well.

Mike
at235.gif

>Isn't Wyo the least restrictive state
>when it comes to firearms?
>That's almost enough to make
>one move there from Kali.
>

Yes, but we do have a limit on the number of Coloradan's, Kalifornicator's and Minnesotan's we let in. We like to keep it to one. The quota has been met this year. Sorry...

Thats the main accident reply in other states"I didn't think the gun was loaded" Well, here most of them are so they are treated that way. The state of Missouri has the same regulations.

"it is legal in Wyoming to open carry a sidearm at any time...not just during hunting season."

Avoid school properties and government buildings. :)

As far as my reading of it goes, one cannot be in possession of a firearm while taking big or trophy game during a 'special season' (i.e.-archery) while holding an archery license. That's all. No restrictions during regular firearm seasons. The attempt to change this did not pass very far in the legislature this past year.

Triple_BB;

You may have reached the quota for out of staters because you let in too many Texans into your state. On my last several hunting trips there, all I heard from the locals was "Those damn Texans" been here for six months and think they own the state. Then they would go on about how they would not obey trespass signs or fenced private property, and shot everything that walked or moved.
I heard this from at lease 3-4 ranchers, several bussiness persons, where I picked up additional tags. These comments were directed at the gas field workers that came up from texas.
I got a kick out of it since their comments concerning Kalifornicators was very favoable. I guess they liked us because we just came long enought to spend our money then we went home.

RELH

They are in the process of trying to change that too since there is getting tobe so many frigging grizz around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom