Wyoming Migration Bull

Meander

This is a 320 5x6 bull I took on a recent Wyoming migration hunt. He was with one other smaller bull and a large group of cows and calves. They all past by me at about 150 yards. When the larger of the bulls was about straight across from me I gave a couple of cow calls to stop him, then put a bullet into the lower portion of his right front shoulder. He stumbled twice and piled up. The results are shown in the photo.

I was using a .375 Ultra Mag with a hand loaded 260 grain Nosler Accubond bullet. The bullet completely passed through the animal. I know, it was a bit much... but it worked.

A little too much....NAHHHHH, I think it was just right! Great job, what a beaut.

Were you on a guided hunt or not?

Ernie

That makes it all the sweeter!
thumbsup.gif

Thats a great Bull!! Way to go....Nice rifle choice also.

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

I do not know what deserves more praise, drawing such a good tag, taking such a good bull, OR dropping him where you can get the best picture I have ever seen an elk posed in! That is AWESOME!

Congrat's, backdrop is spectacular! Thanks for pic.

Awesome all the way around.
Way to go and congrats on a nice one!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Congrats in a heck of a bull! You better get that pic blown up and put above your fireplace! Thanks for sharing,nice!

Nice Bull, Congrats

I recognize Black-Tailed Butte in the background. I have stomped GTNP a bit, radio-tracking elk.

From the look of the weather and snow level, I would assume that might be a local bull. Has there been any confirmed migration yet?? Back when we had real winters, Thanksgiving weekend was always hot for hunting Jackson Hole.

Congrats on a great bull! That picture is postcard perfect. The Game and Fish should use your picture on their website. That's what Wyoming's about.

FINALLY!!!

SOMEBODY USING THE RIGHT SIZED TOOL FOR THE JOB!!!

WAY TO GO!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom