Wyoming Moose broadhead choice help

30Hart

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-16-13 AT 08:47AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-16-13 AT 08:44?AM (MST)

I drew a Wyoming bull moose tag and I'll be both bowhunting and rifle hunting the unit. I currently shoot some 90 grain 3 blade Muzzys with carbon arrows at 73lbs(older bow). Are they enough for shiras moose or should I switch to something heavier. The Muzzys I have have the nice practice heads so I like them. Thoughts...thanks.

to start with "CONGRATS" on drawing Your tag ... my guess is You will do fine with current setup.Shot placement is most important on this hunt.I too will be hunting Wy. moose with a bow during the rifle season in unit 3 and my Outfitter has said my setup of 100 grn 4 blade Buzzcuts and a 65 lb. bow will "Gett-er Done" Have to hit the spot/crease behind the shoulder and OUR setup will work fine,Good Luck this Fall ... Bruce & SilverGrand

AS long as its sharp and a well built head it will work. Try not to get to light on total arrow weight, make sure it hits where you point it and you'll kill for sure. Im jealous...Had my tag 3 years ago and want to go again bad!! Congrats on the tags guys

I shot a moose with a Magnus stinger buzzcut last year and had a complete pass through. I also shot an Alaskan brown bear with one and also had a complete pass through. Super accurate head....one of my favorites! Good luck on your hunt!

+1 for stingers. Mine was a couple years ago, but complete pass through on a moose with 60 lb bow 400 gr arrow at 280 fps.

Well I went with the 125 grain all stainless Muzzys. With a 435 grain arrow I'm getting 276 fps for 72.5 KE, that should work for moose. Shoots a litte tighter than the 90 grainers...bonus.

my broadheads,Stinger 100 grn Buzzcuts, work as thought on this great Wy. moose.A great hunt experience.A a side note,Wy. guides association said likely Largest moose thaken in 2013 with archery ... Bruce & Silvergrand

5074img_0497.jpg

5321img_0499.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom