Wyoming Moose - Unit 5

inarcher

(Posted this on the Wyoming forum. Thought it might pick up some additional reads on this forum.)

Good day.

Paul Vice from Indiana here.

I cashed in 13NR PPs for a moose tag in Unit 5. Talked with the local biologist and game warden. Putting a map order together as we speak. Since this is likely a once in a lifetime tag, I'm allowing at least three weeks for the hunt. Planning to drive out solo in late September in hopes of catching some good rutting activity.

I would certainly be interested in hearing some hunt stories and/or seeing some photos of the unit. Basically, any first hand knowledge of the unit you are willing to share. Feel free to PM me as well.

If anyone knows of a packer that works the area, I'd be interested in contact infomation. Never used one for elk, but moose is a totally different consideration.

Thanks,
Paul

I did the same thing last year. Cashed my 13 NP on unit 5. I had a ball. One of the best hunts I've ever been on. I held out for Unit #26 for ever then couldn't wait any longer. I killed my moose with a bow the last day of Sept. They rutted a little later than I was told. PM me and I'll tell you what I know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom