wyoming moose

reeb

I was wondering if anyone had a preference on units 20,24 or 27 for wyoming moose. I have looked at these units and like them but am not obligated to these units if any other info. is out there on other units. 4 bonus points. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

REEB

I'm right with you Reeb at 4 points and looking at 20 and 24 as well. Fritz on an earlier post did not have many good things to say about 27. Sounded like the private land was an obstacle. Good luck in the draw.

Splash

Depending on what you want for a trophy, location, access, horses, weather, archery followed by rifle, lodging, guided/non guided, etc., etc., I wish I had applied and saved my points for either unit 26 or unit 5. Also I would look at areas west of Big Piney. I strongly recommend that you stay away from unit 37. I got some bad information!

Rumors has it that the areas around the Parks are being eaten alive by our pet friendly wolves. But most of these areas are guide areas, however. I would avoid these areas as well.

I hunted unit 17 in ealry 1990s and got a good bull (44 inches 10 x 11) but I understand that this area has declined as well.

You also need to review the hunt statistics. If the hunter days are long and success rate low, beware.

Personally, I would put in for the better areas and maybe you might draw but at least you will continue to build points.

I hope this helps.

Area 20 is a good unit. 37 is an excellent unit with a late season. Don't know anything about 27. Moose hunting is going to hell fast in all of western WY, too many predators. The good old days are all but gone.

Thanks for the information. Any other units or information would be greatly appreciated. Happy Hunting!
REEB

I spent alot of time chasing elk in what would be unit 23 for moose. I even posted here in like late-Sept. about a huge bull I kept seeing while hunting elk with my bow but I got no response.
27 is like boo-coo private ground! I found that reality out while hunting antelope on a #99 mzzldr antelope tag. Feel free to contact me about 23 before the appl.'s go [email protected]

Area 37 is having wolf problems from what I have learned.

Pleasedear- I wish I would have learned that about unit 27 before I applied (the private land issue). But no one would response. Oh well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom