Wyoming Mule Deer Hunt Guided

upmuley

One of my employees is looking to do a ranch type guided hunt. They have a party of four with no points and want to spend about $3500 each. Does anyone have any recommendations? They want to hunt this year.

You would be making a huge mistake to hunt with SNS Outfitters. The owner is a complete Ahole. I would not give him a dime.

>The owner is a complete Ahole. I would not
>give him a dime.

I certainly wouldn't argue with that. If you do your homework you can find comparable hunts for a lot less money than SNS...

>SNS Almost 100% success and rave
>reviews every year. Who would
>want that?
>
>Eel

Yeah i agree,must be a sh*ty outfitter,the only time i've ever seen SY mad is when someone is caught trespassing. This website is supposed to be about hunting,and not CHARACTER ASSASSINATION!!

I agree. Enough with the bashing of an outfitters or saying "you don't need a guide." I have hunted enough to know I don't need a guide but as I said this is for an an employee and friends and being 10 states away and at advanced age I was just looking for some suggestions.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-13 AT 07:42AM (MST)[p]Sorry, but if someone says something I completely disagree with you will hear about it, especially when someone recommends an outfit like that! Ask me about having to file a written complaint against SY/SnS Outfitters & Guide Service with the G&F along with one other group of hunters under the hunter harrassment law because of problems with him and his staff who were trying to keep us off legally accessible BLM land, LOL! They charge $4,000 for a 5 day deer hunt on property that is mostly legally accessible by anyone and that I do every year for free. They were warned by Tom DeSomber, area Game Warden, that if any other complaints came in on him or his outfit that they would be cited and stand a good chance at losing their outfitters license! Ask him about that sometime because they've been forced to be good little boys every since, LOL!!! No character assassination there, just the God's honest truth by someone with a first hand account of the negative side of an operation!!!

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-13
>AT 07:42?AM (MST)

>
>Sorry, but if someone says something
>I completely disagree with you
>will hear about it, especially
>when someone recommends an outfit
>like that! Ask me about
>having to file a written
>complaint against SY/SnS Outfitters &
>Guide Service with the G&F
>along with one other group
>of hunters under the hunter
>harrassment law because of problems
>with him and his staff
>who were trying to keep
>us off legally accessible BLM
>land, LOL! They charge
>$4,000 for a 5 day
>deer hunt on property that
>is mostly legally accessible by
>anyone and that I do
>every year for free. They
>were warned by Tom DeSomber,
>area Game Warden, that if
>any other complaints came in
>on him or his outfit
>that they would be cited
>and stand a good chance
>at losing their outfitters license!
> Ask him about that
>sometime because they've been forced
>to be good little boys
>every since, LOL!!! No character
>assassination there, just the God's
>honest truth by someone with
>a first hand account of
>the negative side of an
>operation!!!

I'm sure there are two sides to this story. And so i was correct in sayong someone got caught tresspassing! Oh and L.O.L.!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-13 AT 09:08AM (MST)[p]
"And so i was correct in sayong someone got caught tresspassing!"

It reads that someone was harassed by an outfitter's operation, and the outfitter/representative was threatened with hunting harassment charges. TopGun also wrote he was on BLM or State, not private. I'm not sure what you were reading.

I also know SY, and can't say anything negative about him. I know a lot of the guys who guide for him, and they are also nice people. I've never hunted with them, so I can not comment on their operation.

Someone obviously can't comprehend simple English!!! I hunted with SY one time back in the early 90s for mule deer and the hunt itself was fine. SY may be a great guy most of the year when he isn't running his hunts. However, he and his staff seem to think they own and control ALL the country out there and don't want you near where they hunt because of the big money they make on their guided hunts. It got to the point where you couldn't even stop your truck on the highway near their hunt area and they would stop like a cop and ask what you were doing and did you know where you were, etc. I got tired of that BS and finally one day was just leaving the truck when one of his guides rode up on his horse and told me he would cowboy up and follow me all over the BLM I was going to hunt because I was too close to their camp, LOL!!! That's when I pulled my videocam from my backpack and told him to go right ahead and that it would all be videoed and verified with my GPS as to where I was at all times. He left and then proceeded to pull the same chit with a group of four hunters from Wisconsin that were camped on BLM land a few miles from there and when they told me of their experience later that day I filed a hunter harrassment report with Tom and so did they and it resulted in what I stated. I've had no more trouble with them the last ten years or so, but that chit soured me on his whole operation.

Guys this is way off base. You each have your opinions of SNS. Let's leave it at that and see if anyone wants to suggest a good outfitter for my employee/friend.

>This website is supposed to be
>about hunting,and not CHARACTER ASSASSINATION!!

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are...

At least he can spell, LOL! I really don't think the thread is off track at all. The OP wants to know of a good outfitter. When told by "one" person about an outfitter he likes, he was then faced with several others who don't feel at all the same way. To that I say: "too friggin bad!" because what I stated is the truth and can be backed up by the GW if he wants to look into it. His "boy" isn't the Boy Scout he's making him up to be.

Not really. It was kind of a waste of time other than the person who suggested Jim Freeburn. I talked to Jim a couple times in the past and he was my original suggestion to them. I think they talked to Jim and really liked him. As for all the other foolishness on this thread...well you've gotta love the internet I guess.

upmuley,why take offense at" you dont need a guide " i have never used one,and never will,a little research on your or your buddys time is all that is needed,unless your buddys like throwing money away.

Many hunters don't have the times to scout or the equipment to get the job done. Many eastern hunters don't even own 4 wheel drive rigs

"As for all the other foolishness on this thread...well you've gotta love the internet I guess."

Foolishness my rear! You asked for help and it was given, even though it's too bad that some of it had to be negative. Would you rather have guys come on and say hey, that outfit is better than sliced bread and then have your friends pick that one and go on a nightmare of a hunt? It works both ways when you ask for information and I guess you haven't figured that out yet!

I have hunted with Table Mountain Outrfitters several times. I have had great luck with them. I have only hunted deer with them on their town hunt. It is on the y cross ranch. I believe that hunt is a little over $4000.00. I hvae taken a 180 inch buck and a 170 inch buck there. It is in unit 60. I dont know if it requires points or not. You could look that up easy enough. I know they have some cheaper hunts but I dont believe the same quality of bucks are taken on those hunts. Have your friend call Scott at 307-632-6352. If he tells Scott what he is looking for Scott will be very straight up with him. Best fo luck to you and your friend.

>"As for all the other foolishness
>on this thread...well you've gotta
>love the internet I guess."
>
>
>Foolishness my rear! You asked
>for help and it was
>given, even though it's too
>bad that some of it
>had to be negative.
>Would you rather have guys
>come on and say hey,
>that outfit is better than
>sliced bread and then have
>your friends pick that one
>and go on a nightmare
>of a hunt? It
>works both ways when you
>ask for information and I
>guess you haven't figured that
>out yet!

Ok, i was'nt going to get sucked into a win lose situation, but the original question was someone asked about a guided mule deer hunt in Wyoming. And i recommended an outfit who has a 34-year reputation about running a reputable business.So the guy that i recommeded gets called an #####,and his business gets slandered,and i get hammered as well! It's obvious that top gun has a personel gripe with SNS Outfitters,and now anyone who does not agree with him is a P.O.S. I can say from my experience that that Sy is one of the most reputable outfitters in the state,and i would call the Wyoming Outfitter & Guide Association to answer any questions you might have,and there is no doubt in my mind that what i have stated is true. I'm sure top gun will have a re-buttle,because from what i see he is NEVER wrong! Anyway i'm done with this topic,and i hope you find an honest outfitter for you're employee to hunt with. I'm gone....

brdhntr---First off, I don't see anybody calling you a POS, and yes, I sure did register a personal gripe based on what actually happened out there more than one time over several years! Secondly, I stated I did a guided hunt with Sy and his outfit and had no problem with that hunt. t was a good time with good tents, food, staff, horses, and decent game for the way the weather hit that particular year out there. I'd probably have done another one or two with them if it wasn't for what I described when I was hunting DIY and that's why I made my posts. I still get their brochure every year and I know Sy is still Sec/Tres. of the Assoc. and has been for many years. Third, I've never said I'm right every time, but what I stated on this thread are facts based on what actually happened out there to ME! You got hammered because you posted a rebuttal that stated I was trespassing with a LOL added when there was absolutely no trespassing done on my part or the four gentlemen from Wisconsin who also filed written complaints like I did. Slander is a strong word to be accused of because what was mentioned were absolute facts that can be verified by the G&F, which I guess you also missed in coming to their quick defense. They might provide the best hunt you can find, but I would never recommend them based on the way they were acting over several years time that resulted in what I had to do in order to enjoy hunting a public area that is open to everyone. At least I stated the facts and did not just leave things up in the air for others to wonder why I didn't give them a thumbs up.

notags2---Sorry I was never able to figure out what was causing me not to be able to post the two pictures of your bucks that you emailed me that were taken with Table Mountain, as they were two nice bucks.

I wonder how much good it would do to call up the WYGOA and ask whether or not one of their dues-paying members is a good outfitter or not?

Just sayin'...

>I wonder how much good it
>would do to call up
>the WYGOA and ask whether
>or not one of their
>dues-paying members is a good
>outfitter or not?
>
>Just sayin'...

Yea, especially the guy who used to be Pres. and has been Sec/Treasurer of the group for many years now!

Hey mulecreek---It's Pepsi all the way man, LOL! I keep them afloat buying lots of their "hard stuff"! PS: Got one at the desk right now as I type this!

I have heard good things about double diamond and Tre Heiner, but have not personally hunted with them.

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. We're still trying hard and getting some excellent bucks. We're small-scale, we try hard and are quality oriented, but certainly not perfect. We got one buck that was 33 and 1/2 last year and another that was 31.5". Both had great mass amd cheaters. And we got several other bucks in the 170-180 range.

Our 2013 hunts have been full for some time now. With the drought and the possibility of another dry year, I'm trying to be very conservative with hunter numbers. I've been trying to help others find good places to hunt, but everyone has different needs, abiliites and expectations. It's a struggle.

You can chack our website at www.triplecreekhunts.com to see pictures of the 2012 harvest. Hope it is OK that I listed that info here. I have advertised in the past, but we stay pretty full now with just return hunters and word of mouth.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope we have a wet spring and a cool, wet summer.

Jim Freeburn
Triple Creek Hunts

>"As for all the other foolishness
>on this thread...well you've gotta
>love the internet I guess."
>
>
>Foolishness my rear! You asked
>for help and it was
>given, even though it's too
>bad that some of it
>had to be negative.
>Would you rather have guys
>come on and say hey,
>that outfit is better than
>sliced bread and then have
>your friends pick that one
>and go on a nightmare
>of a hunt? It
>works both ways when you
>ask for information and I
>guess you haven't figured that
>out yet!

Yes, believe it or not I am smart enough to figure it out. But one slam on the guy is enough. Try to have some class. That's all I'm saying.

>>"As for all the other foolishness
>>on this thread...well you've gotta
>>love the internet I guess."
>>
>>
>>Foolishness my rear! You asked
>>for help and it was
>>given, even though it's too
>>bad that some of it
>>had to be negative.
>>Would you rather have guys
>>come on and say hey,
>>that outfit is better than
>>sliced bread and then have
>>your friends pick that one
>>and go on a nightmare
>>of a hunt? It
>>works both ways when you
>>ask for information and I
>>guess you haven't figured that
>>out yet!
>
>Yes, believe it or not I
>am smart enough to figure
>it out. But one
>slam on the guy is
>enough. Try to have
>some class. That's all
>I'm saying.

Stating what you did about "all the other foolishness" when we were discussing something serious did not sit well with me and if anyone didn't have class it was to whom I was responding because of his false statement. Sorry the thread got sidetracked a little because of that!

Well, too bad Jim's full. If I wasn't going with Jim I'd contact Josh Peterson - Peteron's Outfitting. Another small family run outfit that conservatively manages their ranch. Seems like a straight shooter and he has a really good rep.

It sure does not surprise me that TopGun hired an outfitter figured out where he hunts, then comes back following him around. Then when the outfitter gets tired of TG following him around TG files a complaint. CLASSIC!!! I BET TOPGUN BRAGS HE IS HUNTING DIY... TOPGUN you are priceless entertainment!!!

wolfhunter---Looks like another who can't read and/or comprehend plain English has come on just to spout BS!!! You don't know me from a can of paint and whenever you post you should keep your trap shut because it's always insults, especially when you don't know chit about a subject! The facts are that I did a hunt way back in 1994 with SnS to get the feel of how mulies are hunted. Since then once in a while each year I go into that area and hunt some of the land just like I stated. However, 95% of my hunting has been a good 25 miles from the ranch SnS guides on and the hunting on the public property is just as good for free. I doubt that I'm the only one in the US that has done a guided hunt to find out how to hunt a particular animal that they've never had any experience with before and then find out that a DIY hunt can be done with little to no problem. Incidentally, SnS has also misrepresented their hunt by saying that it's a classic hunt in which they intimate that they have 100,000 acres under their control. In fact, about half of that ranch is legally accessible public BLM land that ANYONE is allowed to hunt.

TOPGUN,
It is no surprise to me you see nothing wrong with what your doing with Sy. Just because it is legal for you to slink around the area he showed you does not mean it is right. All this has done is proven once again your moral fiber. Oh and that you are truly a lap dog...

I had you pegged a long time ago and you prove it over and over again!!

?Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.?

Aldo Leopold

"Slink around" is absolute BS because it's a big public BLM area that is accessed legally from a main public road, LOL!!! As far as your comments on moral fiber and lap dog, whatever in the he** the latter means, you are blowing smoke out your azz! Go back in your den and STFU as there are plenty of people hunting OUR PUBLIC LANDS there and lots of other places where outfitters like him are trying to claim it as their own by harrassing LEGAL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!! Sy/SnS can legally hunt and keep people off their one million private property acres they have leased in Wyoming and Montana, but I'll be dipped if they are going to run the public off OUR PUBLIC LAND like they have tried in the past!!! If you condone that behavior, then YOU are the one lacking moral fiber, LOL!!!

Interesting thread. Seems like it's easy to get off topic in these. In pretty sure he was asking for info on a good hunt. Somehow personal characteristics were dragged into it and it escalated into outer space. I'm sure each and every one of us have a fan club that would love to spout there feelings and try to submarine who we are and how we do things. Right wrong or otherwise it all comes full circle. I think any outfitters with WYOGA would be a safe bet. And all of them probably have someone that dislikes them. I know SnS runs a top notch operation. Just like a lot of other outfitters in Wyoming. Pick a few that look good and call some references that have actually hunted in the past year or two. Good luck.

>TOPGUN,
>It is no surprise to me
>you see nothing wrong with
>what your doing with Sy.
> Just because it is
>legal for you to slink
>around the area he showed
>you does not mean it
>is right. All this
>has done is proven once
>again your moral fiber.
>Oh and that you are
>truly a lap dog...
>
>I had you pegged a long
>time ago and you prove
>it over and over again!!
>
>
>
>?Ethical behavior is doing the right
>thing when no one else
>is watching- even when doing
>the wrong thing is legal.?
>
>
>Aldo Leopold

>"Slink around" is absolute BS because
>it's a big public BLM
>area that is accessed legally
>from a main public road,
>LOL!!! As far as your
>comments on moral fiber and
>lap dog, whatever in the
>he** the latter means, you
>are blowing smoke out your
>azz! Go back in
>your den and STFU as
>there are plenty of people
>hunting OUR PUBLIC LANDS there
>and lots of other places
>where outfitters like him are
>trying to claim it as
>their own by harrassing LEGAL
>LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!! Sy/SnS

>can legally hunt and keep
>people off their one million
>private property acres they have
>leased in Wyoming and Montana,
>but I'll be dipped if
>they are going to run
>the public off OUR PUBLIC
>LAND like they have tried
>in the past!!! If
>you condone that behavior, then
>YOU are the one lacking
>moral fiber, LOL!!!

Girls, Girls! You are both pretty. Now can't we all just get along? Come on grow up.

>>TOPGUN,
>>It is no surprise to me
>>you see nothing wrong with
>>what your doing with Sy.
>> Just because it is
>>legal for you to slink
>>around the area he showed
>>you does not mean it
>>is right. All this
>>has done is proven once
>>again your moral fiber.
>>Oh and that you are
>>truly a lap dog...
>>
>>I had you pegged a long
>>time ago and you prove
>>it over and over again!!
>>
>>
>>
>>?Ethical behavior is doing the right
>>thing when no one else
>>is watching- even when doing
>>the wrong thing is legal.?
>>
>>
>>Aldo Leopold
>
>>"Slink around" is absolute BS because
>>it's a big public BLM
>>area that is accessed legally
>>from a main public road,
>>LOL!!! As far as your
>>comments on moral fiber and
>>lap dog, whatever in the
>>he** the latter means, you
>>are blowing smoke out your
>>azz! Go back in
>>your den and STFU as
>>there are plenty of people
>>hunting OUR PUBLIC LANDS there
>>and lots of other places
>>where outfitters like him are
>>trying to claim it as
>>their own by harrassing LEGAL
>>LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!! Sy/SnS
>
>
>>can legally hunt and keep
>>people off their one million
>>private property acres they have
>>leased in Wyoming and Montana,
>>but I'll be dipped if
>>they are going to run
>>the public off OUR PUBLIC
>>LAND like they have tried
>>in the past!!! If
>>you condone that behavior, then
>>YOU are the one lacking
>>moral fiber, LOL!!!
>
>Girls, Girls! You are both pretty.
>Now can't we all just
>get along? Come on grow
>up.

The only one who needs to grow up is this plick wolfhunter who only posts negative BS and insults on the Forums and never adds a postive comment or offers any help to anyone asking for it! PS: The thread was dying and there was no sense in you bringing it back to the top in the first place!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom