Wyoming NR General Elk

NebrCatMan

My son and I are thinking about a Wyoming General Non Resident elk hunt this fall if we draw the tags. I was in Wyoming about 5 or 6 years ago and hunted a general unit (81) with a rifle. The way I understand it is we can apply for a general tag and if we are lucky in the draw we can then purchase an archery stamp and hunt bow early and or gun later. Anybody want to chime in with any comments on a general elk archery tag. I think there are several units that are not wilderness (guide needed, right) that have quite a bit of public land (western part of Wyoming or south central). I have been on several DIY bow hunts over the counter in Colorado but would like to get back to Wyoming.... see and enjoy some different country. PM me if you want and thanks for your time!!

Elk regs section 4 I think has a list of areas you can bow hunt on a general tag... just need a archery tag ... I love it. Makes for a nice long season.

Archery elk is the way to go. Looking at areas right now for 2015,trying to decide where for a cow.
Nicer weather ,less pressure.Great time to be in the high country.

I purchased a point last fall... my son has no points. So we will have to be really lucky and get those permits they save for no points non residents. But still luck of the draw. Just going to start doing some research.If we don't draw we still plan on hopefully making a summer trip to the west and NW part of Wyoming. It's been awhile since we seen Yellowstone....Thanks for the comments!!

>I purchased a point last fall...
>my son has no points.
>So we will have to
>be really lucky and get
>those permits they save for
>no points non residents. But
>still luck of the draw.
>Just going to start doing
>some research.If we don't draw
>we still plan on hopefully
>making a summer trip to
>the west and NW part
>of Wyoming. It's been
>awhile since we seen Yellowstone....Thanks
>for the comments!!

If you have the extra cash to pony up for the Special Draw and party with your son with the .5 PP average you would have it would get you the general tag. 2 out of 3 that applied in that draw last year with O PPs drew a tag

If you don't want to drop that much cash for special, you could do only one special for you and have your son get a cow tag for that unit and save $500.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom