Wyoming Outfitter Question

Hi Guys!

Quick question. I am a non-resident currently sitting on 3 points. I am looking at chatting with a few outfitters for hopefully a hunt in the next couple of years. I am open to any terrain as well. Are there any strong recommendations out there? I am new to the Wyoming scene and looking for a little bit of direction.

Thanks so much for the help!
Tim

Rough Country Outfitters... Jim Schell. My pastor is one of his guides and they are good people and hunt a unit that takes 3 points to be 100% and they kill decent bucks in some really cool country...

What species do you intend to hunt? I assume either deer, elk and/or antelope. Perhaps you could provide some additional information and then we could respond.

What species do you intend to hunt? I assume either deer, elk and/or antelope. Perhaps you could provide some additional information and then we could respond.
The post was on the Mule Deer forum, so I assumed mule deer. But he can hunt antelope on the same hunt, with 1 point, I believe.

Good outfitters are often booked two or three years out. I'm pretty sure Triple Creek Hunts is booked two or three years out or more. He has repeat hunters that come back every year.

So decide what you want to do and book early.

TPeterzen,
Sorry, I didn’t realize your question was in the mule deer forum. Jim Schell at Rough Country Guides and Outfitters runs a quality operation and they kill some quality bucks every year. His hunt will be a truck hunt with hiking and glassing.

If you are looking for a horseback hunt in the mountains of NW Wyoming in grizzly country I would recommend Carl Sauerwein at Boulder Basin or Josh Martoglio at Shoshone Lodge (trails west outfitters). This area of NW Wyoming is awesome country but the deer are less plentiful. This would provide the option to potentially hunt elk also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom