wyoming region h

M

mahew04

I know this has been posted a few times, but i was wondering about the Mcdougal gap are? Is it hikeable, without horses or mules, any info would be great. I am willing to share info on colorado, utah, Idaho. Thanks

It's not a bad hike to the high ridge from McDougal Gap. I've scouted in there in the past.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-08 AT 11:09PM (MST)[p] I BELIEVE McDOUGAL GAP IS IN REGION G...HUNTED THERE A FEW TIMES MY SELF....YD.

North east of McDougal Gap Rd. is Regiob H get some good maps to description of boundaries and you will be OK. Up on top and to the east is H going north and east and back around to the west Idaho border.

Brian

Thanks Brian
I have seen the area, I just havent been up there to see what elevation I need to be at to see deer, as I understand it a lot f people road hunt, and the horseman ride quite a ways in, so I think i am going to be hunting the middle area. Thats my plan, well see how it works out, thanks again.

I was there in late July and it looked like it hadn't rained in a while. All the roads were powder. I don't think it has rained much since; maybe a few scattered thunderstorms. The mountains were still green from all the winter snow and the rains in May. Saw a few decent bucks, but no monsters.
cqh1

How did this area do last storm did it get any of that snow and cold weather last week, the same one that hit and dropped snow in colorado.
Was think of going in kind of light but now think I will add a few more things to the packs.

I am too excited, gator have you hunted this in the past or is this your first?I have been out once 2 weeeks ago and saw 1 nice 4 point pushing 160-170..

First time up there we are taking our horse and mules so it should be a good trip. Got so much to get done before we go. LOL

you saw a deer ? that is great news some people i talked to made it sound like there was not a deer to be found. i can hardly wait deer or no deer we are gonna check it out.

Hey fellas. I was just in there last week with bow in hand. Deer are still very high. Pretty dry up there. Seeing way more elk than deer, but they are there. Suprisingly the bucks were still out feeding very late in mornings. Glass long and hard and then glass long and hard again.

thats good news , i think the feeding out in the open well into the morning is gonna come screeching to a halt very soon.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom