Wyoming shed opener 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
Gotta love the Wyoming shed opener. Glad I made the trip up from Utah. Very few people out this year. Anyone else make it out? IT WAS EPIC!!!
IMG_2465.jpeg
IMG_2466.jpeg
IMG_2464.jpeg
B6362D7A-FB34-4715-9F0D-3B25F77B9B04.jpeg
9E6DA4D3-D5F2-4431-965F-29098FB10EE0.jpeg
074C1E28-08BD-4261-A5E0-EEA05D34552E.jpeg

You didn't want to address the attire? Those sheds are very sneaking and the only way to sneak up on them is Kuiu and earbuds. Classic....
As far as my attire goes, why wouldn’t I wear my 4 way stretch, breathable, water resistant pants? Much more comfy than wranglers. My browning hoodie, and my under shirt is not Camo.

No comment on my Under Armor tenny runners?

I think the real question is why does what someone else wear bother you?

I love how everyone is knocking the author of this post because we are all jealous, and most of us were stuck at work on the opener. Meanwhile, he was lost in the sagebrush turning up a chalk and also some brown gold.

Nice sheds.

Next thing you know, Buzz 💩 will be bragging about his shed hunting exploits…. and showing the pile of sheds he has crammed in his garage. What a tool.

HT
This "epic" shed hunt is akin to your "epic" pronghorn.

As far as my attire goes, why wouldn’t I wear my 4 way stretch, breathable, water resistant pants? Much more comfy than wranglers. My browning hoodie, and my under shirt is not Camo.

Relax, I was only giving you a hard time.

Some nice sheds you were able to sneak up on.

I wouldn't define picking up a dozen deer antlers by 2 guys as anything close to "epic".

Congrats on your epic day of shed hunting.

Bookhead
You must be sponsored by RedBull. I see you had to get a plug in for their product. :ROFLMAO:

1714740021377.png

Here's a quote from someone I know who went to Jackson for the shed opener:
"Picked up a few great antlers and a deadhead! Was very few antlers to be picked up it seemed like but fewer people since nonresidents couldn’t compete! I noticed the crowd was a lot better and nobody was trying to cut anyone in line or try to take anyone’s place in line. The vibe was great!"

AND WE WONDER WHY SOME DON'T

Slept through the shed opener but went the 2nd day. I know the start of the thread was just for fun but really you guys aren't missing much this year having to start late. I found about 50 less deer sheds yesterday than I normally do on the 1st couple days

View attachment 144808
And your not even from Utah with the camo attire. What trend has dryboot started now.

Slept through the shed opener but went the 2nd day. I know the start of the thread was just for fun but really you guys aren't missing much this year having to start late. I found about 50 less deer sheds yesterday than I normally do on the 1st couple days
Is your dog trained to help find sheds? Or is he just along for fun and exercise?
Just curious as my son has an Australian Shepard and takes him for walks in the woods/prairies almost daily. I told him he should train him to look for sheds but not sure how hard or how long that takes. He has trained him to be a pretty good grouse and pheasant flusher as well as waterfowl retriever (even in water) so I think the dog could learn pretty quickly if he tried.

Is your dog trained to help find sheds? Or is he just along for fun and exercise?
Just curious as my son has an Australian Shepard and takes him for walks in the woods/prairies almost daily. I told him he should train him to look for sheds but not sure how hard or how long that takes. He has trained him to be a pretty good grouse and pheasant flusher as well as waterfowl retriever (even in water) so I think the dog could learn pretty quickly if he tried.

He helps find sheds. Some days he's really good and some days he could care less haha. He actually did find the other side of the buck Founder shot a couple years ago on his own. I found the 1st side about 6 feet off the road then we went back the next day and he came running back with it when we was about 500 yards down the canyon from where I found the 1st side.

IMG_20210503_182928_483.jpg

We know, Buzz, this isn’t a 🍆 measuring contest!!! no need to post all of your kill pics in my post to show how cool you think you are.

He lost that to 3rd grader. You are safe.

Nice **** with the T Swift. I appreciate good smack

Wyoming boys have limits and it stops with earbuds and Taylor Swift......and under armor running shoes while dressed in camo.

True.

You guys set limits on AMMOUNT of teeth your women can have (12), the AMMOUNT of meth you can smoke (1.5lbs per day).

Good point, limits are important

True.

You guys set limits on AMMOUNT of teeth your women can have (12), the AMMOUNT of meth you can smoke (1.5lbs per day).

Good point, limits are important
No teeth and a flat head to hold our drink. We really know how to party.

We don't hide it like you Utah boys. By the way Hoss, I forgot to congratulate you on the marriage to your fourth wife.

Last edited:

Boot he’s upset that you didn’t wear a I’m from Wyoming hat like this one. I’ll bet it looked like an episode of Yellowstone on the opener. Filsons and dudes wearing their bucking horse spurs with their finest strangler jeans.

IMG_3529.jpeg

Boot he’s upset that you didn’t wear a I’m from Wyoming hat like this one. I’ll bet it looked like an episode of Yellowstone on the opener. Filsons and dudes wearing their bucking horse spurs with their finest strangler jeans.

View attachment 144944
How is Mr. HUSH'N today? Let me guess....you drive a Toyota, wear jewels on your pant pockets, drink mountain opps, live in Salt Lake City, and are married to a dude.

Last edited:

View attachment 144944
A resident friend said it was more like Brokeback Mountain. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Reeked of Bourbon and male sweat worse than Epstein Island
IMG_2525.jpeg

Last edited:
A resident friend said it was more like Brokeback Mountain. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Guaranteed! Have you seen the boatload of ugly women these guys a forced to marry. A 10 up there is a soft 5 in Utah. 😂😂 It would probably force those dudes into doing stuff with guys. I wonder how many 40yr olds hopped up on buch light mowed over someones12 year old for some brown gold. How many DUI’s was there @BuzzH? asking for a friend of course.

Guaranteed! Have you seen the boatload of ugly women these guys a forced to marry. A 10 up there is a soft 5 in Utah. 😂😂 It would probably force those dudes into doing stuff with guys. I wonder how many 40yr olds hopped up on buch light mowed over someones12 year old for some brown gold. How many DUI’s was there @BuzzH? asking for a friend of course.
All I know is the lady that made my sandwich in Alpine could lay off the meth for a few years and she’d still be high. After 10 days in town, ole Snaggle Tooth was one of the best lookers that part of the state has seen.

All I know is the lady that made my sandwich in Alpine could lay off the meth for a few years and she’d still be high. After 10 days in town, ole Snaggle Tooth was one of the best lookers that part of the state has seen.
Buzz, gros and SS were probably competing for her number. I’ll be there was a lot of back when stories with those 3.

It must not be too horrible the Utah cult has been building those fancy temples so you men can buy your special underwear. Do you men have to wear your special panties under the kuiu camo too? Asking for a friend.
I don’t buy into the Joseph Smith religion so ask someone else. Kuiu makes some good stuff though.

Not everyone has to post their kill pics weekly to show how great a hunter they are.
In particular, it's really easy to not hang some pics, when the flatbill bro hunters don't shoot anything but their mouths.

So you could load some pictures of the other elk you've shot, just don't have any.

That's funny.

Even more funny, all this talk about "researching" elk hunting in other states.

When do the actual hunts start happening?

No fewer than 200 pics of that bull, I'm just glad it wasn't before digital pictures....would have cost a fortune in film.
Yeah that would be tough on your school teacher salary. You got some long arm and fish eye photos to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom