Wyoming sheep hunt video

Not bad, but most guys talk way too much on their videos. Glad to see how he appreciates the hunt in total.

I know that area very well. The sheep have been hunted out pretty hard in that area and moved out. not huge rams in that drainage like there use to be. I say the hunter did very well. i had it on mute and skipped through. i was expecting some griz problems.

i was in this drainage when i had my tag. all i could turn up was bannana rams. one day scouting in there i called it off not to return

i was in this drainage when i had my tag. all i could turn up was bannana rams. one day scouting in there i called it off not to return
IMHO sheep have a knack for showing up when you think nothing is around. I like to sit in a spot and give up glassing after an hour. Verbally say theres nothing there. And then wait. Rams will show. Out of nowhere too.

IMHO sheep have a knack for showing up when you think nothing is around. I like to sit in a spot and give up glassing after an hour. Verbally say theres nothing there. And then wait. Rams will show. Out of nowhere too.

I get that. But i also knew a few other tag holders and all had the same report for that year. Still not a bad area, its known better for a later hunt. I think the hunter did an outstanding job. If the hunter did one thing wrong its the fact he ate at that nasty IRMA hotel.

Excellent video. The hunter says he was 49 at the time of the hunt, and had to have help with his pack on the climb out. When I was that age, I had five rams, and still had iron in my legs. Or so I recall.

By the time I drew my Wyoming bighorn permit, I was 63, and already had begun suffering congestive heart failure. I took a nice ram, but had to have help with my pack in climbing out of the basin. And we were a good bit lower than 11,000 feet.

It was tough giving up that pack, with the sheep horns strapped on high, in classic mountain fashion, but old age had caught up with me.

Hunt the high country... while you can. And congratulations to the hunter on taking a fine ram.

HT

Its bugging me now. The lord almighty Lee Livingston dropped them off.

Did a guide or resident stay with them to be in the wilderness? I watched on a mute so maybe I missed something or on the rules

Yep, I got the same youtube feed and yes it was a decent video. I agree too long and probably more talk than needed but I'll watch most anything about hunting sheep. I have a whole library of dvd/vhs sheep hunts that I throw on when I climb on my incline treadmill. It keeps me younger than I should be.

Great video. I’m 68 and this will be my 20th year applying for a WY sheep tag as a NR. Last year there was 1 NR tag available in the random draw. 1701 applicants. Pretty high demand for this experience. Happy he got his ram!

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for watching! I am from Cheyenne, my parents lived in Cody for 30 years (which is why I like the Irma). If you want the back story, I do have two bad knees that Dr said I need to get fixed soon, but on top of that I also hurt my back just days before we left. I was hurting pretty bad. I already had this trip planned way in advance so there was no rescheduling so I just had to do the best I could. Lee just did a drop camp for us because I knew the area from a good friend helping me out and working there when I was in college almost 30 years ago for the forest service. We did have a griz come visit us in camp the day after I killed my sheep. Walked right into camp, but he was young and we scared him off and he did not return. Anyway, thanks again for watching.
May we all draw the tags we want,
Craig

Hey guys, thanks for watching! I am from Cheyenne, my parents lived in Cody for 30 years (which is why I like the Irma). If you want the back story, I do have two bad knees that Dr said I need to get fixed soon, but on top of that I also hurt my back just days before we left. I was hurting pretty bad. I already had this trip planned way in advance so there was no rescheduling so I just had to do the best I could. Lee just did a drop camp for us because I knew the area from a good friend helping me out and working there when I was in college almost 30 years ago for the forest service. We did have a griz come visit us in camp the day after I killed my sheep. Walked right into camp, but he was young and we scared him off and he did not return. Anyway, thanks again for watching.
May we all draw the tags we want,
Craig
Thanks for chiming in and congrats. You did good on the success. That area isnt what it use to be. The rams really moved out of that drainage. well done

Entertaining video, and I like his attitude.

I drew my WY sheep tag a few years ago and it was without a doubt the best hunt of my life. packed back into the Washakie for 2 weeks in September was worth the trip in itself. where this video was shot looks like a golf course compared to unit 4 I can tell you that much.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom