Wyoming Success

BOWUNTR

Here's the short story. This hunt actually started a year and a half ago. Me and My buddy, Joe Dotterer, won this hunt at the 03 CBH State Broadhead shoot. A five day antelope and deer hunt wit Jack Cassidy. All we had to do was draw the tags and get there. When we got to Wy it was raining and it rained off and on for the first 2 1/2 days of the hunt. Not good news for hunting the lopes at water holes. Oh well I had a deer tag! The first day was zero for 10 hunters in camp. The morning of the second day I shot a bobcat at 8 yards from my tree stand while hunting for deer. I saw him at about 100 yards and called him in. The owner of the ranch thanked me because the predators were wreaking havoc on the Turkey population.

1784Scan0001_00011-med.jpg

Day three was still wet and that evening I was sitting in a tree stand on the edge of an alfalfa field. I had seen a nice whitetail buck traveling on the edge of the field the evening before, so I moved my stand. Anyways, I shot an antelope out of a tree stand, while deer hunting! He came into the field after three antelope does that were 150 yards in front of me. When I shot him I had two small whitetail bucks 15 yards from me and about 10 muley does and small bucks within sight. Game heaven? Green score is 69", 13 1/2" thin with small prongs.

1784Scan0004_0004-med.jpg

Day three, Joe shot this buck at a water hole at about 10am. Right around the P&Y minimum.

1784Scan0007_00071-med.jpg

Jack Cassidy told me that he saw a Muley buck that was a "shooter" move into an alfalfa/corn field. I set up on the edge of the field that evening and shot this 22" 3x3. The biggest buck I saw on the ranch.

1784Scan0001_0001_009-med.jpg

I shot three arrows out of my new Mathews Ovation and killed three animals. I wasn't sure about this new bow because my old bow (Q2XL) was nicknamed "killer". I have a new "killer". I am supersticious (?) about bows!! Great hunt, great people. When we left on the morning of the last day, 9 for 10 on the antelope and the last guy was still hunting after missing three shots with his recurve at 25 yards and less. He's a good hunter ansd I'm sure that he scored to make it 100%. 2 for 4 on the deer. The other deer was a small 4x3 muley. I'm leaving on my Az elk hunt on Wednesday. Will the streak continue?? Ed F

--------------------

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowuntr

Bowuntr, about the only thing you screwed up on all week was not buying the winning lottery ticket! That's a week and hunt to remember and you did it all with the new killer! Man you've got to be living right. Congratulations on all the success and the fine animals taken. I guess the Mathews ovation worked out ok. Thanks for sharing and good luck on your future hunts.

Nice goat and deer!! A heads up though, bobcat season doesn't open until Nov. 15th.

All I can say is I'm Jealous!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

bobcats are not predators here they are furbarrers and they have a season and you must have the tag.
it is also illeagle to take a green fur across state lines with out having it tagged by the g&f.
then you must get a interstate game tag to cross
good job on the deer and goats but you may have broken three differnt laws by taking the cat.
wyoming has lots of turkeys and not as many bobcats. I love calling them but i would rather see one of them then a whole flock of turkey.

I don't meen to be sarcastic i'm just stating the law i hope nothing becomes of this.
they were predators entell they became worth a lot of money then the G&F decided they wonted some of it.
i'm ticked at them over never giving me the tag to take that big bull that tortures me during bowseason

Well they did contact me and I didn't have any info for them so I figured they were contacting others on the thread....I played stupid because....well my wife says I am......

they have talked to me and its a good thing after not giving me that elk tag! suffering frasinsomebitchen lousy luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom