Wyoming trifecta

nuts4bucks

So here's my plan for this year. Unit 112 for antelope then unit 102 for deer followed by unit 32 for elk. We got Max points for all three so there's a decent chance to draw them all. Hunt until all tags are filled then get out of of Wyomings point game.

What say you?
P.s were nonresidents

Not a bad plan, i see what you're trying to do but personally I'd skip 112 and go to 58. I think there are better units for all three. Keep us posted on what you decide.

I would spread out the hunts over 3 yrs and put in for lesser units on other species or multi-state if you want to hunt several species each year. It's gonna be a bummer not to have a premium tag to look forward to after you have put in so many years to get there.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-19 AT 07:20AM (MST)[p] 102 not that great, hunted 2 year ago lot deer seen & shot bigger deer, other units.

Interesting.

How long are you going to hunt and how many people are we talking about? You might need to be gone for a few weeks at a minimum to make this work out and though they are all open the last two weeks of October it might be better to hunt the lopes and elk earlier, but the deer later when they are rutting? So optimally that is 1 month. Sounds a bit crazy, but could be an epic adventure if you have the time to pull it off!

Based on last years odds, 10% regular and 50% special for 32-Elk, maybe you all should put in individually for elk and see who draws and then the others could try for lope or deer if desired and you would end up with a few different hunts in the area and not be as overwhelmed on one hunt. This is the last year you will be able to do elk early, so you might want to take advantage of that, next year all 3 are at the same time.

>I would spread out the hunts
>over 3 yrs and put
>in for lesser units on
>other species or multi-state if
>you want to hunt several
>species each year. It's gonna
>be a bummer not to
>have a premium tag to
>look forward to after you
>have put in so many
>years to get there.

+1

Max points still doesn't guarantee anything, given the number of us that are in the same boat. I hope you draw at least one of those tags. Best of luck!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom