Wyoming unit 24 elk

B

bullnanza

Has anyone killed any 300 point or larger bulls in this unit in the last 5 years or so. I hunted it in 2004 and I think that a 300 class bull would be the top end of what is there. Any info would be appreciated.

Last year I saw only 1 bull over 300", he would've been in the 330" range. I have heard of bulls in there that would go 360" but unless you see it with your own eyes, you never know.

Thanks AZWALKER

That is what I ran into in 2004. Several people told me that 300" plus bulls were in the unit and a 340 plus bull would not be out of the question. I hunted the entire season passing on dozens of 250" plus bulls looking for the big one and killed a raghorn for meat the last afternoon of the hunt. I Hunted from one end of the unit to the other and it didnt seem to matter. I think the biggest bull that I saw was in the extreme western part of the unit I think the mountains are called crooks range. Where did you find the most elk and the largest bulls?

RE: Thanks AZWALKER

Actually its only really 3 mountains from W to E Crooks,Green,Whiskey Peak. There are elk on Crooks especially out in the "desert", but there are roads everywhere. There is always a decent herd on the north facing side of crooks below the oil wells during the elk hunt, Alot of the elk take off when the crowds show up for the deer hunt. Look for places on Green and Whiskey that are a mile or two from the roads and you will find slightly bigger elk. I would strongly reccomend hunting during the archery season. I can see as many elk as I want everyday in the summer. We have an old cabin on green and there is alot of elk there in the summer.If you want to give me your email I can give you some better info. Also don't look past the desert area. I can't tell you how often I've busted up bulls out of barren gullys and ditches in the middle of nowhere. One of the coolest things I've ever seen was a herd of 75 plus elk running out in the desert past me in the middle of summer while I was trailing some cows.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom