Wyoming Unit 24

North 40

Good evening everyone.
I am looking for some assistance. I drew an elk tag for Wyoming unit #24 this year. We will be rifle hunting. We definitely aren't new to elk hunting and we understand that this isn't a trophy hunt. We are just looking for a good hunt with a chance at a decent bull. We are trying to do as much research as possible about this unit. If anyone has any information that they would be willing to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Have you contacted the biologist or GW??

General Statement Regarding this Hunt Area: Elk may be found in good densities virtually throughout the hunt area, but primarily on and immediately adjacent to Green Mountain and Crooks Mountain. Weather may vary from dry and windy with temperatures in the 70s and 80s to freezing cold with significant snowfall, even in the September portion of the hunt. Fall snowstorms can initiate migration for many of these elk, particularly out of higher elevations. Most of Hunt Area 24 is remote, far from services or cell coverage, and carrying extra fuel, water, food and spare tires is advised. Most roads in this hunt area become muddy and nearly impassable when wet, while roads in more sandy areas often remain drivable even with a little precipitation. Rut for elk in this area typically peaks in late September.

My brother in law had a good conversation with the biologist for that area. We haven't talked to the GW as of now but that definitely is a good idea. Thank you for the info.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom