WYoming Unit 56 Bull

Buckhunter1955

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-10 AT 04:51PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-10 AT 04:49?PM (MST)

He's not the biggest bull on the mountain but he's mine! At least I'm eating this one and the wolves aren't.
2129015_15.jpg

Congrats on the nice Bull he looks like he is heavy antlered though. Yea, let the wolves starve....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, this was a late tag that I drew with max points. I'm catching hell for shooting on the first day, but I couldn't walk away from this bull.

There are alot of nice looking 280--290 bulls harvested every year.

Glad ya filled your tag in such beautiful country.

congrats

Robb

Nice bull for sure. This was one of the areas I was mulling around for next year's application. Unfortunately the 2011 brochure does not have this hunt listed any longer. Looks like they did away with a couple of late hunts?

Very nice bull. I had the same tag once upon a time and shot a nice bull. I remember the bull I shot, but it's the beautiful country I remember the most.
Kurtski

Nicely done. That's a great bull! If you don't mind saying, what drainage did you get him in? I had that tag about a decade ago and spent most of my hunt in Green cr. and clocktower.

nice bull for that area. i do a lot of riding there. gets pretty crowded up there for people that have lete cow tags

Nice bull. Looks like you were one of the last to enjoy this hunt.

Looks like they did away with or moved into October all the east side Yellowstone migration hunts...Can we cry wolf?

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-10
>AT 04:51?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-10
>AT 04:49?PM (MST)

>
>He's not the biggest bull on
>the mountain but he's mine!
>At least I'm eating this
>one and the wolves aren't.
2129015_15.jpg

>
Here's an update on this bull. He had an ear tag when killed and it was turned into Wyoming Fish & Wildlife. As it turns out this bull was tagged in 2005 as a two year old in Kemmerer Wyoming. That's 184 miles as the crow flies. This was one well traveled elk, and maybe the last one taken out of unit 56 on a late tag.

It's a .300 Weatherby Mag that I bought new in 1974. With 3.5x10 Leupold scope I payed $615.79, I saved all summer to buy this rifle. It's been from Africa to Kodiak Island to Wyoming and all points in-between.

Nice Bull, That alot of miles to travel, If that bull could of talk and told us of his travels that would be a heck of a story.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom