Wyoming Unit 61

Berg

I drew a unit 61 tag as a non-resident this year and do not have the cash to hire a guide. I have good plans to hunt with an old cowboy friend of mine from Afton but if that should happen to fall through (he is 72) for any reason i am in serious trouble with that tag. I am 57 years old, have my own horses and i can handle myself pretty good for an old guy. My buddy says i am a no rope and he is kinda right but i would not be a burden to have around and i can fend for myself ok. The object of this post is to see if there are any residents out there with a tag that might take mercy on me in the case that my good friend is unable to go with me. I would hate to lose that tag due to unforseen curcumstances. Again, i am most willing to work hard, pack my own stock and be respectful and courteous in camp and on the trail. Feel free to email me at any time with your thoughts and suggestions about the unit since i have never hunted in there before. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Dan

Might check back later in year after the res draw has taken place, Might find a res that drew it that might be willing to help a guy out.

We hunted Venus & Little Venus Ck's when we had the tag last decade. All of that country is rough when you get into the wilderness. I'd be nervous about packing in very far with a 72 year old guy. At a minimum, I'd be renting a sat phone in case something unforeseen happens.

Thank you. I didn't realize the resident draw was still forthcoming. Best of luck to Wyoming residents hoping for a great tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom