wyoming unit7

accumark

I have 6 points and just put in for the special draw for unit 7. did not think it would take this long to draw an elk tag. I have an outfitter I have known a long time I will be hunting with if I draw. he has private ranches to hunt. hoping we can find a 340 plus bull. anybody else hunting unit 7 private land? are there a good amount of these kind of bulls out there?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-14 AT 01:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-14 AT 11:01?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-14 AT 10:59?AM (MST)

Yes, you'll have an opportunity to find a 340+ bull, but a more realistic goal is 300-320. Unless you have lots of elk experience, I bet you drop the hammer on the first 300+ bull you see (they look big)...good luck. I'm sure you'll find something you like...best advice listen to your outfitter, since you trust him! PM me for more info I've hunted it 3 times on private ground when I was a Wyoming resident.

>This is what you can expect
>from a large, well placed
>ranch in Unit 7.
>
>http://www.wagonhound.com/hunting-2013
>
>I don't think there are a
>good amount of 340 plus
>bulls anywhere but unit 7
>is as good any anywhere
>to maybe find one.
>Plenty of the bulls that
>this ranch takes will not
>go 340 plus.

I'm in sticker-shock! NineThousandFiveHundredDollars for outfitting AFTER you spend the years and money to draw the tag? No wonder Realtree Nascar guys are hunting it!
I guess I'm just old and out of touch!
Sorry for the rant,
Zeke

If that one shocks you then the $1500 turkey is going to kill you. The part I don't get is you can spend that kind of money in other states for a private land hunt with similar quality and do it every year. I think the groups that keep touting unit 7 as the best unit in the state for NR's get people locked into it and then after 7 years of waiting for the tag they are too nervous they will come home empty-handed so they go with the pro's to bolster their luck. I wish anyone that has the tag the best of luck whether you hunt with a guide of not. I am sure it will be a great experience. The cost of this ranch just seems out of whack.

the elk has never lived that I would ,even if I could scrape up 10,000 bucks to hunt.

I have to stick to the cheapy cow tags and have the fun of just seeing a big bull once in awhile.

might feel different if I owned a big chunk of land in great elk country,but I don't.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom