Wyoming whitetail

sniper14

My dad has 5 deer points and all of a sudden decided he wants to shoot a whitetail before he can't hunt anymore. He isn't very mobile, can probably only walk 1 mile a day.

I hear the black hills national forest is a good place to hunt whitetail, but is it a hunt an 80 year old can do?

He would be willing to pay a trespass fee to hunt whitetail, but probably can't swing more than $500

I told him 5 points is probably much for whitetail, but he doesn't care.

Thanks in advance

Whitetails in Wyoming are in pretty bad shape over all right now. EHD killed a bunch last summer and it will be a few years before they are back to where they were in numbers.

I hunted thermop/ tensleep last year it was terrible EHD smoked that herd big time. Also the whitetail in Central wyoming got hammered so I don't know where they didn't accept maybe south or you have a little pocket where they didn't get hammered

Definitely got hit hard in many areas, judging by these comments perhaps we are in a fortunate pocket of Wyo.
Been seeing about the same numbers last few years but it is between 2 drainages.
These whitetails do move a bit throughout the year though. They winter downstream and we get them spring to fall.
I thought the big snow last spring would be more a problem for us but most seem to have faired ok. However, some areas nearby were hit very hard.

Still some "pockets" of good hunting, good way to put it Bookhead thanks.

Definitely got hit hard in many areas, judging by these comments perhaps we are in a fortunate pocket of Wyo.
Been seeing about the same numbers last few years but it is between 2 drainages.
These whitetails do move a bit throughout the year though. They winter downstream and we get them spring to fall.
I thought the big snow last spring would be more a problem for us but most seem to have faired ok. However, some areas nearby were hit very hard.

Still some "pockets" of good hunting, good way to put it Bookhead thanks.
Yea EHD is the worst if they are living near stagnant water in dry years. So if you are on a good running creek that didn't get too stagnant you have a pocket where it didn't effect them as bad most likely

Few areas around in our area got hit hard then 5 miles later they had no effect.

It definitely was scattered how it hit areas

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom