Wyoming youth deer hunt

0404_elkhtr

Seeking some advice.. I generally do all my own research and do not randomly ask questions on forums.. This is a little different situation. I have a 14 year old daughter (she has killed many whitetails) and I want to take on her first mule deer hunt. We have a total of 12 pts together (2020) and will have 14 pt together (7 per person 2021). I understand that Region G, H and K are the regions to look at for the 180"+ deer. I do not think these regions are going to be good for my 14 year old daughter (pressure, terrain). I am willing to use up points for an "opportunity" DIY hunt. This hunt will be more about the experience and not the inches of antlers. I am trying to find a units that has quantity over quality, a fun hunt with lots of animals to look over, good access and lower hunting pressure. Personally, I am fine with extreme steep hunts, but do not want to kill my child or make her miserable on first mule deer hunt. Potentially unit 34 or 89 may fit the bill? I don't care about size, this is all about an awesome experience for my child. I want to give her the opportunity to get in shape prior to hunt, pack in, scan over different animals and pick the animal she feels is the best, and put the stalk on.. I also want her to experience the pack-out. Thoughts??

34 or 89 would be a good place to take your daughter. The genetics are not as good in central Wyoming to grow big antlers but you would see plenty of bucks and the terrain isn't too difficult in either. However, you might not draw either for a few years. Point creep is a real problem with preference point systems that gets worse every year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom