X-12

GilaJeff

Hey, I was just wondering how the deer herds around Bridgeport are doing? I lived in Bridgeport for about three years, and really enjoyed the area. I am thinking about beginning to apply for an Eastern Sierra deer hunt. My wife and I each drew X-12 tags the first year we applied. I know it is hard to draw, and I probably won't shoot a bruiser, but I would like to get back in the area and chase the deer around with my longbow. Also, can someone tell me just where the Goodale Unit is? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide?

They did OK in X12 this year. For stickflickers...it was pretty good, early season and all. Good luck on the draw, especially if you don't have max points.

The Goodale unit,(G3),runs South from Taboose Creek, South of Big Pine, to Whitney Portal Rd in Lone Pine. 40% of the Goodale zone burned in July and will not recover for at least 5 years.

Wiszard Quote: "Goodale (G3) is also known as "Never Neverland"!!"

Never a truer statement made. With over 4000 applicants vying for the 35 tags alloted, sure makes drawing this tag a truly "once in a lifetime experience".

BOHNTR )))---------->

>Wiszard Quote: "Goodale (G3) is
>also known as "Never Neverland"!!"
>
>
>Never a truer statement made.
>With over 4000 applicants vying
>for the 35 tags alloted,
>sure makes drawing this tag
>a truly "once in a
>lifetime experience".
>
>BOHNTR )))---------->

The way I figure.. and with my luck.. I don't have enough lifetime left to ever draw one of the G3 tags... even with the max points.. but I keep putting in every year and keep getting a refund from F&G.

Model_70_Guy:

I believe there were 1200 max point holders last year for G3. As you know, 90% of the tags for G3 are held for max point holders.....you have a chance man! I hope you get it soon.....look at me....it could happen. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Unless Model_70 you are actually like 97 years old....then ...give up!! HaHa Just kidding. You hear of guys drawing "once in a lifetime" tags their first year of putting in so you never know. It happens...just not to guys like us I guess. I always put in for it but I'm still waiting.

Steve

>Unless Model_70 you are actually like
>97 years old....then ...give up!!
>HaHa Just kidding. You hear
>of guys drawing "once in
>a lifetime" tags their first
>year of putting in so
>you never know. It happens...just
>not to guys like us
>I guess. I always put
>in for it but I'm
>still waiting.
>
>Steve

You have better odds of hunting Catalina Island with Mitt Romney! Lol, J/K Truce?

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

Hey...no big deal!! I just know some on this site can run with things and I didn't want to be looked at as someone that would do something malicious to others. The Catalina Island post was removed and I spoke with Mitt08. Got it figured out. Not going to drop any names but he got a kick out of it. I'm just on this site to learn and have some fun...just like everyone else! Take it easy!

Steve

I will post the pics that I bring back from Catalina. We're going to thin the amount of does with the hopes of being able to take a buck....but you know how that goes. I'm sure it'll end up to be a backstrap hunt!

You could buy an auction tag and hunt anywhere in the state.

I know a guy who drew G3 twice back to back, the last year before point program and then the first year with the max point of 1.

A 12 year old girl drew it this year with 2 points. Anything can happen.

It really isn't "all that and a bag of chips" anyway. Weather pattern changes over the last 7 or 8 years have really affected the quality of the deer we see in this hunt anymore.

Oh, by the way, I still put in for G3 as my first choice, knowing full well I cannot ever get enough points to draw it....again. '79......odds back then; 25 tags, 72 applicants.

And, I spend at least 4 hours every day of the season looking at the deer that are in the zone and watching what is taken out. I watch them a week or so after the season also.....it's SICK!

I would post some pics, but then next year there would be 10,000 guys applying! LOL

>Unless Model_70 you are actually like
>97 years old....then ...give up!!
>HaHa Just kidding. You hear
>of guys drawing "once in
>a lifetime" tags their first
>year of putting in so
>you never know. It happens...just
>not to guys like us
>I guess. I always put
>in for it but I'm
>still waiting.
>
>Steve

I sure hope I do draw this tag one of these years but if I have the kind of luck my Dad had I don't know.. He put in for CA antelope every year starting around 1946 or so and he died in 1997 never did draw one of the damn things. He told me one year in the early 50's he took a application out to my uncle's house who had never applied, had him fill it out and even mailed it for him and my uncle was successful in the drawing and my Dad was not. Funny how things work out like that. I started applying for antelope in 1963 and did not draw a tag until 2001 which was a lousy year for antelope in the zone I applied. I did get one but it wasn't much to write home about and I did better than most that year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom