X12 help

Foothills12

First time drawing have done quite a bit of map research and google map searches. I have looked into areas around bodie, lobdell and topaz narrowed down. I am planning on going on a 4 day scouting trip in August. I plan on hiking so would not be opposed to backpacking options. If anyone could give me some suggestions or info please pm me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the tip BigPig. Topaz is within the boundary and the southern portion of Topaz Lake is also in X12. I am aware of the boundaries but thanks for your concern.

You are correct that Topaz is technically in the x12 zone, but that is all winter range for the most part. With the exception of some low numbers of resident deer, during the season there won't be much near Topaz. Unless there is an early big dump of snow. Nearest to Topaz, most of the deer would be at higher elevation in x8 during the season. The other two areas you mentioned will offer much better hunting.

Southern edge of the zone along X9A is good too. Lots of deer in the area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom