yamaha big wheel

C

creamofthecrop

just wandering if anyone has owned one and if they liked it? i am more a dirt bike guy and think it would be fun to have in the mountains. are they harder to turn and control with those big tires? how do they do in the mud and snow?

yeah they are hard to come by, but i see them for sale every couple months or so

I have one, and have had three or four. I love the 200cc,I tried the 350 but its was too tall and heavy. I have a big rack on mine and a gun rack on the handle bars. The only know problem with them is the CDI goes out sometimes. Russ

thanks for the info guys. how much would you pay for a 87 bw 200, fair shape, plastic is scrathed, needs battery, and tires are fair. thats also good to know the 350 is too big because thats what i was going to wait on because i thought itd be better.

also deer one more question on the 350 as for tall i am 6'4 do you think id have a problem with the height or were you refering to too tall as just to tall. and for heavy i ride a kx 500 right now wich is pretty heavy, dont know if they are comparable but just wandering if you thought id be better of with a 200 or 350? thanks

Stay with the 200cc it's geared low and plenty of power. The bike you described is worth about a grand. If you watch, thats what you can get them for. The 87 is the only year they used a battery with will add a little weight, but I do like the gold rims. Russ

I owne a 1985 big wheel i bought in 1999. i love although it takes some getting used to. they are not a dirt bike. they are a trail bike meaning they are not designed to be jumped or rode hard like a mx bike. they do great in the mud, but in snow it depends on how heavy it is. ive road mine in 10 inches of dry snow pretty well, but in heavy wet snow it sucks.

I've got a 200, forgot what year. It caught on fire and melted some wiring and the gas tank. I figure on fixing it up and using it again. It does take a little to get use to with the big tires. They seem to want to ride up on everything in ruts, but after a few days of riding you'll get use to it and learn how to handle it so it doesn't do it. They are great to ride on trails and roads, but it did not do that great on really steep hill climbing, the back tire would spin out. A Rokon might be better for that. My experience, if it wouldn't go up it, then I didn't want to come back down it with the BW.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom