Yard sale find!

Castnshoot

Very Active Member
Just bought this at a yard sale for $35. It is in the B&C book at a score of 180 1/8. Harvested in 1964 by a gentleman who pasted away 10 years ago at 90 some years old.

Got a bill of sale from a family member and it does have the tag attached.

Questions;

What do I need to do to legally own this?

Was it a good investment,,,, my wife says I already have too many “Dammed heads”

5C327A33-EFB7-40C5-BEB6-9A2943A7B12A.jpeg

FAC7E30C-EF24-4E25-8A1C-281820DCBBE1.jpeg

Do you want to 10x your investment:LOL:. Nice score. As long as you have a bill of sale you should be ok. I don't think they plugged sheep that far back.

Do you want to 10x your investment:LOL:. Nice score. As long as you have a bill of sale you should be ok. I don't think they plugged sheep that far back.
Utaxi, your work is Awsome, This mount is going on 50 years old.

Not sure what I am going to do with it. I think it looks cool even though it’s cape is a little scruffy and ears are curled a little.

What’s your advice if I was to sell it, leave it as is, or re-do it, I like the big scar on the nose.

What would you do?

Utaxi, your work is Awsome, This mount is going on 50 years old.

Not sure what I am going to do with it. I think it looks cool even though it’s cape is a little scruffy and ears are curled a little.

What’s your advice if I was to sell it, leave it as is, or re-do it, I like the big scar on the nose.

What would you do?
Thanks for the kind word!! I would just clean it up and leave it. I would think the alpine antler sale would be the best place to unload it. A sheep capes get pricey.

If mount is iffy (doesn’t look to be ) pull the horns and set them on a table. Very few people will ever know what a sheep head like that weighs and feels like in the hand. on the wall, it’s just another “ornament” and really loses its místic coming from a person that has two on the wall. The last one i wished id have sold the cape and just set the horns on a table.

If mount is iffy (doesn’t look to be ) pull the horns and set them on a table. Very few people will ever know what a sheep head like that weighs and feels like in the hand. on the wall, it’s just another “ornament” and really loses its místic coming from a person that has two on the wall. The last one i wished id have sold the cape and just set the horns on a table.
Exactly why I love euro’d sheep heads

Wow--you're making me think I should take up yard sale hunting in my old age.

It also makes me worried about what my wife and kids will do with ally hunting stuff after I retire from this world...

Wow--you're making me think I should take up yard sale hunting in my old age.

It also makes me worried about what my wife and kids will do with ally hunting stuff after I retire from this world...
Ye right, apparently the guy who shot this Ram was very proud of it. So proud that the hunt was documented in his obituary,, above the story of his friend Ronald Reagan letting him camp out at the White House with his RV for his 65th birthday.

Virginia and he had many hunting trips for bear, antelope, elk, and beaver into the Wyoming wilderness. Wilbur stalked his trophy Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep for three years - finally bagging it and making it into the Boone and Crockett record book. He worked hard and played hard at places like 7th Heaven and Portuguese Meadow. Wilbur and Virginia traveled throughout the U.S. and to far away places with their lifelong friends. One memorable trip was with Bob Karpe on his way to Washington to work with President Reagan. Wilbur drove his RV through the gates of the White House and parked inside on his 65th birthday. “

Last edited:
Ye right, apparently the guy who shot this Ram was very proud of it. So proud that the hunt was documented in his obituary,, above the story of his friend Ronald Reagan letting him camp out at the White House with his RV for his 65th birthday.

Virginia and he had many hunting trips for bear, antelope, elk, and beaver into the Wyoming wilderness. Wilbur stalked his trophy Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep for three years - finally bagging it and making it into the Boone and Crockett record book. He worked hard and played hard at places like 7th Heaven and Portuguese Meadow. Wilbur and Virginia traveled throughout the U.S. and to far away places with their lifelong friends. One memorable trip was with Bob Karpe on his way to Washington to work with President Reagan. Wilbur drove his RV through the gates of the White House and parked inside on his 65th birthday. “
That’s crazy that nobody in his family knew how special that was, especially with the story in his obituary. Thats a great story to go with an amazing find.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom