Year in Review

LuckyShot

I thought I'd just post up some pics from this past year. I hope you guys enjoy the pics and keep posting your own! Thanks! Kip

Whitetail Archery success in Illinois
4164cheater_buck_pics_1241.jpg

My Archery Whitetail
8556kip_whitey.jpg

Going in after a wounded bear in Arizona
263bear_in_cave_4.jpg

Nice non-typical muley in the high country of Colorado
1983big_buck_4.jpg

Utah Non-typical I was chasing during the bowhunt
4990cheater_buck_thin_9.jpg

Bivy tent camp where I hunted a high mountain pass in Colorado
9797colorado_bowhunt_003.jpg

Building a blind in a Colorado pass for the upcoming Archery deer hunt
8469kips_blind.jpg

View from my blind while archery hunting muleys in Colorado
260colorado_bowhunt_004.jpg

Matt and Brad, my two good hunting buddies during Colorado Archery hunt
6619colorado_bowhunt_022.jpg

Buck I almost connected on in the high country of Colorado
7301colorado_bowhunt_043.jpg

My Colorado Archery buck where he went down
9378colorado_bowhunt_051.jpg

Hauling him out
6373colorado_bowhunt_072.jpg

My buddy Brad on a scouting trip in the peaks of Colorado
2135colorado_scouting_2010_068.jpg

My two boys filling up their canteens while backpacking and scouting with me in Colorado in July
5237colorado_scouting_2010_112.jpg

My son taking a rest after a long day of hiking and scouting
7350colorado_scouting_2010_146.jpg

My boys hiking along a spine during a Colorado scouting trip
6568colorado_scouting_2010_158.jpg

Boys taking a rest during a hunting trip for bears in Arizona
10jan-april_2010_062.jpg

Trail Cam pic of a bear on my bait during the Utah Spring hunt
1276kips_medium_chocolate_2.jpg

Same chocolate bear again
4647kips_medium_chocolate.jpg

Utah Archery Bear I took on the last night of the hunt
2457kips_bear.jpg

One of my sons during a scouting trip in Southern Utah holding an unexpected treat!!
687pine_valley_scouting_pics_004.jpg

Same scouting trip. Almost stepped on this one!
5667pine_valley_scouting_pics_009.jpg

My buddy Matt during the Archery hunt in Utah
4283matts_utah_deer_001.jpg

Matt's Utah Archery Buck. Matt's buck scored 170 P&Y
1525matts_utah_deer_016.jpg

Some nice bulls from a summer scouting trip
9385nice_bulls_6.jpg

More high country bulls from a scouting trip
7618nice_bulls.jpg

My Utah Archery Muley
6522kip_utah_archery.jpg

Love those high country pics. Good to see your boys enjoying the great outdoors.
BTW, great looking bucks and that bear is a stud. Thanks for sharing.

Eldorado

Ditto elderado! Those high country shots are awesome and the kids in on the action is fantastic!!!

great pics! looks like you had a great year up in the high country, keep it up thanks for sharing.

It looks like it went about as good as a year could go
Great PICS and thanks for sharing

Looking good like you need to change your MM name.... Luck doesn't seem to be a part of your hunting vocabulary.

DEADSHOT
MULTIPLEKILLSHOT...etc.

Midnight

Man Kip your a freakin animal. Those are some awesome pics maybe this year you can send me some luck on one of those huge utah muleys. Thanks for sharin those awesome photos.

Great pics.....I remember when I used to be able to pass out asleep on a rockpile.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Great pics! Good for you to get the kids out. I see that buck grew out his g-4 last year. Was his buddy around?

Nope, once we finally found him, he was flying solo. And he was the only good buck in the area which made it tough to hunt because he was hard to find and when I couldnt find him.....there was nothing else to go after either. Made for a long hunt....

Kip,

Awesome year. When you going to start dragging me along with you. Looks like our boys or about the same age, we need to get them together. PM me I have a question for you.

Jeff

A couple of guys here on MM have asked me the same question (pm) regarding areas in Utah that hold nice bucks. In answer to that question, I've found great bucks on both ends of the state and I have had pretty good opportunities at them when I pack in off the road and get away from other hunters. In my experience, it hasnt served too productive to scout in the summer and locate a good buck that is evenly remotely close to a road. Chances are, if I've seen him, so has someone else and come opening morning the circus will start. So, I try to get off the road and get into areas that are more challenging. If a good buck is found, there's less of a chance someone else will be chasing him too....Anyway, I hope that helps. Like most of you, I'm watching the snow-line, counting the days when the high-country becomes accessible!! Kip

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom