Yearly Checking Zero/Range

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
I wanted to get my 7mag and .45/.70 dialed in after last years hunting seasons as it's a every summer double check now.

I was debating between getting a 3D target for bow shooting or getting a 2D target for multiple applications shooting wise.

I tried to find a Desert Ram but all I could find was a Rocky Ram target.

I went with the 2D from this company,

I've already used it with my Recurve and arrows, so I thought what the hey, use it rifle target shooting.

Robb

IMG_9784.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to get some more practice in with Digi-scoping. '

As ya can tell the sun was just coming over the ridgeline and not very helpful for seeing!

IMG_9780.jpg

I like to have my first shot of the year, deadcenter/bullseye so I can determine the how high it is shooting, I like about 3 1/2 inches @ 100 yards, dead-on @ 400 yards.

then I like to hold on the bottom of the target and see how 'Bullseye I am.

Not bad at all.

IMG_9790.jpg

Same basic philosophy for high @ 100, dead-on @ 250 though as these bigger bullets, 325 grn, 405 grn & 430 grn, seem to drop dramatically more so than the 7mag.

I must have 'flinched' on the first/430 grn shot as it is a pinch left and not in the target.

IMG_9794.jpg

Robb,
Shouldn't this be posted in the forum "I got lucky and drew a coveted desert sheep tag"? haha

Good shooting sheep hunter!
Looks like you're all set to slay a fine ram, sir.

Zeke

Hey thanks

I like the Hornaday 325 FTX the best Mike.

For sure they have some dang nice-looking targets, and the price is very easy on the wallet too.

Here are some set-up pix right out of the box.

Robb

IMG_9762.jpg

IMG_9762.jpg

IMG_9763.jpg

I used my Maxima target for set-up to bow shoot.

Then 4 sheetrock 3 inch screw.

I took 2 quick shoots in my garage with the Killzone off to be sure of centering on the back block Maxima.

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

With the Killzone back in place, sure looks realistic!

I can't leave this target outside year-round like I do with my other 3D targets.

I set it up in my shed, I can get 37 yards shot if I use my wheels bow and easy for 25 yards with my Recurve bow.

Robb

IMG_9770.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

Those horandy's do shoot good . But like I told you hunting i have bad stories. Hey could just be my bad luck to. I'm sure more people have success stories

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom