Yellowstone area….

It's going to be quite a while before things are back to normal up there. Especially the northern part by Montana.
I have not personally seen the damage but we all have on TV...if you watch the news like I do.
Mother nature rule and this should dispel all doubt.

Zeke

Poor animals will suffer and maybe starve without the cheetos and funyuns brought in by tourists. Many will revert back to being wild animals and selfies will have to be taken with them at 25ft instead of 10ft (which makes for a pretty crappy pic to post on facebook). Please hurry and open roads back up for the animals sake.

This will definitely hurt the Asian tour bus companies! I do feel really bad for those that did lose everything and it looks like there has been many.

Lots of rain here. Everything around the park got nailed. Red lodge, Mt got nailed pretty good.

The north entrance I don't see be open for a very long time. We have been getting a lot of rain and snow. Over memorial weekend it dropped 3 feet of snow then its been a lot of rain. Now we got warm temps.

Most rain in the park since 1918.

I heard buffalo bill reservoir rose 4 feet. I need to take a quick drive and go see for myself

Lots of rain here. Everything around the park got nailed. Red lodge, Mt got nailed pretty good.

The north entrance I don't see be open for a very long time. We have been getting a lot of rain and snow. Over memorial weekend it dropped 3 feet of snow then its been a lot of rain. Now we got warm temps.

Most rain in the park since 1918.

I heard buffalo bill reservoir rose 4 feet. I need to take a quick drive and go see for myself

Any word about Island Park and etc? Did the entire surrounding areas get beat down as well?

Any word about Island Park and etc? Did the entire surrounding areas get beat down as well?

Haven't seen much in Island park.

Montana took the big hit.

Few campgrounds closed around here but will open any day now.

The press conference I listened to on the park they may be able to get a few things opened but how to run the traffic is a big question, maybe possible register for a day . Basically what I got was they have no clue.

Gardner Mt has people stranded. No way in or out. But I heard at noon today they got a one lane road open for local traffic only.

It snowed in Cooke City last night. This Friday in our town the temps will be 100 degrees. So tat means some snow melt in the mountains.

Lot of small towns like Park city, fromberg, Clark and other small towns got some good flooding. I just watched a video on the clarks canyon with the river just chipping away at a hill side.

If you have facebook the Bobby Rock show post a lot of videos and info on everything

Hot off of the Liberal news source(CNN)..

"Scientists predicted events like this week's flash flooding would happen more often in the Yellowstone area as global temperatures climb."

"Under the climate scenario where significant reductions to greenhouse gas emissions are made in the next few years, scientists found annual precipitation in the region could still increase by 9% to 15%, though high temperatures and evaporation rates would still likely worsen the region's drought conditions.
It suggests the Yellowstone region will experience what the rest of the West is already experiencing: long periods of dry conditions punctuated by brief moments of torrential rainfall, which leads to dangerous flash flooding.
Studies have shown how climate change could produce larger and more intense rain events, leading to more flash floods like the Montana and Wyoming are facing right now."

So 9% to 15 % moisture increase can now contribute to drought conditions.
They just keep making @#$% up.

If you want to read the complete article.

Last edited:

"Scientists predicted events like this week's flash flooding would happen more often in the Yellowstone area as global temperatures climb."

"Under the climate scenario where significant reductions to greenhouse gas emissions are made in the next few years, scientists found annual precipitation in the region could still increase by 9% to 15%, though high temperatures and evaporation rates would still likely worsen the region's drought conditions.
It suggests the Yellowstone region will experience what the rest of the West is already experiencing: long periods of dry conditions punctuated by brief moments of torrential rainfall, which leads to dangerous flash flooding.
Studies have shown how climate change could produce larger and more intense rain events, leading to more flash floods like the Montana and Wyoming are facing right now."

I guess I don’t see what about that doesn’t make sense? If you don’t think our climate has gotten more extreme over the last couple decades your head is in the sand.

"Scientists predicted events like this week's flash flooding would happen more often in the Yellowstone area as global temperatures climb.

Under the climate scenario where significant reductions to greenhouse gas emissions are made in the next few years, scientists found annual precipitation in the region could still increase by 9% to 15%, though high temperatures and evaporation rates would still likely worsen the region's drought conditions.

They say earth is a billion plus years old but humans have cracked it's secrets within the last lets say 50 years with science as we know it. Sorry not buying it. $hit happens stop trying to find something accountable and just roll with the punches.

I guess I don’t see what about that doesn’t make sense? If you don’t think our climate has gotten more extreme over the last couple decades your head is in the sand.
So what is your prediction say 10yrs from now? Weather wise that is... I know AOC said we'll all be dead in 12yrs so I guess I better dump my points soon.

So what is your prediction say 10yrs from now? Weather wise that is... I know AOC said we'll all be dead in 12yrs so I guess I better dump my points soon.
So has the weather in your neck of the woods been normal? I don’t make predictions as I don’t know climate science. What I do know is we’ve had a more record rains and record droughts in my neck of the woods in the last decade or so then we have in the last hundred years. You can debate the cause all you want, but you cannot debate the results.

Where is the carbon footprint calculation for all the fires last Summer in northern California and Oregon ? Seems like it was huge and we all survived that! a 100 years is a spit in the bucket looking at records! go fish !

My complaint is exactly what I stated.
How does 9% to 15% increase in moisture help contribute to the drought.
Because of higher temperatures it will increas evaporation. That's their answer.
I can understand if they stated that increase of moisture in Montana, Northern Idaho and Northern Wyoming is a major factor of the drought in Utah, Southern Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico because the Jet Stream is directing more storms towards the northern states then that would be correct basic weather meteorologist stuff but no they can not state that because it does not fit into there naritive.
To your ponit about more extreme weather.
I don't know if that is really true.
The great flood of 2022 of the upper Yellowstone area (that is what some are calling it ) was the highest measured water in some of the river system since 1918, so no it is not unusual it is what you call a one hundred year flood, it happens.
The drought of South western United States and across the Mid western United States is a hundred year drought. It happened back in the 1920s, it was called the Dust Bowl years. Three of the top five strongest Hurricanes happened before the turn of this century one in the 1990, one in the 1960 and one in the 1930. The other three was 2018 and two tied in 2020.
Extreme weather seems to be happening more because it might happen in your area more, that don't mean it is happening more world wide.
Also it seems more extreme weather is happening world wide because it is reported more, with the internet and social media any disaster that happens it pops up on one of your social media feeds.
Just my take on things.

It could be a natural cycle. It could be our creator want's us to get our attention? I believe in being a good steward of the land, leaving it better when possible, while enjoying the outdoors. We might have little control over climate change.
"We warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."
Society is changing for sure. Looking at TV now and compared to 25 years ago. Night and day difference.

Last edited:
Because of higher temperatures it will increas evaporation. That's their answer.
I can understand if they stated that increase of moisture in Montana, Northern Idaho and Northern Wyoming is a major factor of the drought in Utah, Southern Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico because the Jet Stream is directing more storms towards the northern states then that would be correct basic weather meteorologist stuff but no they can not state that because it does not fit into there naritive.
The great flood of 2022 of the upper Yellowstone area (that is what some are calling it ) was the highest measured water in some of the river system since 1918, so no it is not unusual it is what you call a one hundred year flood, it happens.
The drought of South western United States and across the Mid western United States is a hundred year drought. It happened back in the 1920s, it was called the Dust Bowl years. Three of the top five strongest Hurricanes happened before the turn of this century one in the 1990, one in the 1960 and one in the 1930. The other three was 2018 and two tied in 2020.
Extreme weather seems to be happening more because it might happen in your area more, that don't mean it is happening more world wide.
Also it seems more extreme weather is happening world wide because it is reported more, with the internet and social media any disaster that happens it pops up on one of your social media feeds.
Just my take on things.
Well said man!! I have stated before that I do believe the weather patterns have changed. It is right there in black and white that it has. However, it has many times and history can prove that. What I don't believe is what the libs and lib media are blaming it on so they can get votes and make money off of it. What about the last dust bowl we had especially in Oklahoma?? There was no twisted ass media BS back then and not much political division 2 make us all hate each other. I drove through Yellowstone in 1988 (I think that was the year, LOL) when it was on fire the last day before they shut it all down and look what has happened since then. My parents forced us to get in the back of a pickup so we could go see the spillways opened up Hoover Damn (Lake Mead) in I think 1981 or 82. I have been wrong more than I have been right but-I still think it's a all Lib media and Lib politics using it to their advantage. When we moved to Oklahoma in 2004, all of the old time farmers just laughed about the drought we were in. They had stated they had seen this many times before and these ol boys were in their late 70-80's. 2 years later we received what was called-the 100 year rain. I could ramble on and on and bore the hell out of everyone (and I am sure I already did LOL) but---This aint close to the first time this has happened and won't be the last. So, maybe batteries and Greta Thunberg (who the libs used for attention) can stop this horrible drought.

Just my take on things.
Damn straight!!

As I've Said Many a Times:

Never Try & Out Guess Mother Nature!

She'll Kick Your Butt Every Time!
This isn’t about Mother Nature!

It’s about Climate Change!

If you and your Basin Buds would quit rolling coal all day, Jelly Stone would still have an abundance of “Cone Lickers” groping the wildlife and riding the Buffalo!

I am starting a program to take diesels off the roads!

It’s called Cokes for Coal!

Bring me your Coal Rollers and I’ll give you a couple Cokes!

(I’ll take your guns too)?

Says The Guy That Claims His COAL ROLLER is Stock!:D

If you and your Basin Buds would quit rolling coal all day, Jelly Stone would still have an abundance of “Cone Lickers” groping the wildlife and riding the Buffalo!

Rolling coal feeds the plants. I figure if everyone is using C02 to inject in plants they I guess their plants are not getting enough. So a little coal will help feed the plants right?

Rolling coal feeds the plants. I figure if everyone is using C02 to inject in plants they I guess their plants are not getting enough. So a little coal will help feed the plants right?
Should help feed the plants!

But we need more electric cars to stop Jelly Stone floods!

Gonna have to compromise!

Cokes for Coal!

Ok, so I’m just an average low IQ dude that lives in Livingston Montana and is obsessed with all things hunting and fishing and being in the mountains in general. I try not to pay to much attention to ramblings about politics and global warming LGBTQ roe v wade…..on and on. To the point of of the thread this was simply a once in several hundred years weather coincident. We had a slightly below average snowpack going into April. April was pretty wet adding some much needed snow to the higher elevations. We continued the pattern into May but there was still nothing happening on some sort of historical level. Back when I backcountry skied a lot April and May were my favorite months, I know what these mountains hold into the month of June. Along comes a series of big, warm, wet storm systems with an unusual timing in relation to the last big snow storm….bam! Are any of you guys married? It can be very unpredictable when that bam hits. Just sayin.
But global warming and…..uh forget it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom