Yes... again with the Meindl boots

WFGinNM

I've been reading and re-reading the old posts about meindl boots. I'll be headed to Kodiak Nov. '07 and would like to know some pro's and con's about the Denali's. Anything with more than 200 grams of thinsulate is usually too hot for me, and my feet end up sweating.

Thanks,
--Bill

I just purchased the Alaska hunters and have been very satisfied. They have 200 grams of thinsulate. I have worn them on a couple of summer backpacking trips trying to get them broke in and they were comfortable from the start. No regrets

The Meindls I wear or it is probably more likely the socks I wear, but they are insulated, I've never gotten too sweaty, I've stayed fairly warm in some pretty cold conditions, Wyoming and Utah in October and November. If you plan on hunting stands in the midwest in december January they are not the boot for you. If you plan on Hiking in the Rocky's in September, october november, and even december hunting with spot and stalk hunting style, then they can't be beat, unless you are hunting exclusively in August and sept, then get insulated.

T

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom