YES we are winning.........................despite the left

202typical

Long Time Member
Some will argue until they are blue in the face over if we should have invaded Iraq or not. That is old news. We are there. With that being the case, we as a nation should look at how we are doing, what we are accomplishing and is it worth the price in lives we are paying. Unfortunately, this is where liberals can't stand the heat. When you look at the facts, by any measure, we are winning in Iraq. The Iraqi people are better off. The world is a safer place.

Consider the following FACTS, objectively, and make your own judgements about ?how we are doing? in Iraq. The following information is a gathered by Oxford Research International in two seperate polls. One conducted in early 2004, then again at the end of 2005. These polls covered all of Iraq?s major regions and demographic groups.

Asked to compare their current lives with their lives under Saddam, Iraqis reported an improvement in availability of necessities such as clean water, health care and education. They also reported an improvement in overall economic wellbeing. They reported that local governments had improved.

Asked what form of government they hoped to live under going forward, democracy won handily: four-to-one over the rule of one-man, and ten-to-one over totalitarianism.

Iraqis list security as their most pressing problem. But a plurality of Iraqis feel safer now than under Saddam, and a majority feel safer from ordinary crime. Moreover, better than 60 percent feel personally safe in their neighborhoods.

Iraq Body Count. an antiwar group that keeps a running tally of Iraqi civilian deaths, reports that the daily toll under the occupation falls in the range of 25 to 28 per day. But under Saddam?s rule, the death toll averaged three times that, including 600,000 civilian executions recorded by the Documental Center for Human Rights, and the 100,000 Kurds killed during the Anfal operation.

Coalition casualties have declined by 27 percent in 2005. They have declined by 62 percent in 2006, measured against the comparable period of 2005.

The insurgent strategy of targeting Iraqi police and army units peaked in July of 2005. Since then, casualties among those units have declined by 33 percent.

Attacks on other soft targets are also down. For instance, there were 146 strikes against the oil infrastructure in 2004, compared to 101 in 2005.

One year ago, March 2005, the number Iraqi boots on the ground ? police and army units ? surpassed those of Coalition forces.

From March of 2005 to September of 2005, the number of civilian tips informing on insurgents increased from 483 to 4,700, as numerous Sunni tribes declared outright war on al Qaeda.

Fifty-eight percent of Iraqis feel threatened by terrorists, compared with 10 percent who feel threatened by Coalition troops. And by 71 percent to 9 percent, Iraqis believe that their own security forces ? Iraqi security forces ? are winning the fight against terror.

We are building schools and businesses, we are rebuilding the environment. The government of Iraq, consisting of people from all walks of life, religious beliefs and regions, is growing more and more efficient. WE ARE WINNING!

Our most daunting task in this war on terror is defeating the enemies at home.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 09:58AM (MST)[p]

You have to take a nation to war - you can't "win" if your country's not behind you. This country is not behind the war, because our leaders are perceived as liars. Whether they are or are not, is not important, the perception is that they are cheats and most of world has lost whatever confidence and trust they had in Bush.

You can say "were are there" but you can not escape the fact that more and more, people want us out of Iraq, and, they want us to kill OBL.

So, where is OBL?
How long do we stay in Iraq?
What would surrender look like?
How will we know when we have won?
How many Muslims will we have to kill - all 1.3 billion of them?

Come on, get some common sense, I know most people want to be right, but it's time to admit the USA has made some major mistakes and needs to re evaluate our approach to this conflict. We need a new, modern, and sensible strategy.

You have to have a sense of humor to look at Iraq and say we're winning. now they're going to dig a ditch ( moat ) around Bagdad to slow down the bombers! the best we can do is go back 1000 years to a moat, give me a break. so what the original post is saying here is " yes we admit we were wrong to go to war in Iraq, and we've made a mess over there but what's done is done, but trust us we know what we're doing"

"this country is not behine the war"
I disagree with that, I do not believe that at all.

Look how long have we been in Europe, Korea? Long time right. Back in the day you may have asked the same question......right.

You can not ask questions there are no answers to. Come on use your noggin..........geez

OBL is allegedly in Northern Pakistan. We are looking for him as we type.............you know that now don't you......actually Bush has already caught him and he is waiting for the next election to let that information out...........right?

The US armed forces are killing Islamofacist not Muslims in general except for the ones that are considerd collateral damage. That must be about nonexistant (colateral damage) right now cause the liberal press has not reported on it in quite some time. Seems the libs forget that collateral damage happens in war. No way around it.

How did we know when we won in any other war? They say uncle...

A surender is what you will see if, heaven forbid, the left takes power in this country.

Thanks 202typical, Don't waste your time posting facts to liberals they don't deal with facts!! The far left is a small minority that gets a lot of press. Who owes whom an apology???

How did we know when we won any other war? are you joking? the last few like this one we didn't win but WWI and WWII were pretty clear cut. I don't know how to say uncle in German or Japanese but that's what they said. somehow I just don't see the ragheads doing that. so as Bush say's "we'll stay the coarse as long as I'm president" just keep your chin up and in '08 you'll have someone to blame again.

"How did we know when we won in any other war? They say uncle..."

Would you mind telling us who THEY is?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 12:45PM (MST)[p]You have to have blinders on to read the above post and not see the good that is happening there. Turn off CNN and ABC and look at the big picture. Don't just focus on immediate gratification.

Sometimes when you are fighting 1000 year old attitudes you have to use 1000 year old tactics. What may I ask is your proposal to control access and thus the entry of bomb making material and weapons into Baghdad? Are you just going to do your usual and sit around and criticize with no plan of your own. You are getting very predictable. You are starting to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher........Waa waa waa Bush, waa waa waa waa Rummy.

I have to go along with Kingfish. Don't waste your time arguing with the left on this one. You and i and MANY others on this site KNOW what is real and what isn't. I typed until my fingers nearly bled trying to make people like huntindude and TFinal and Zigga understand that Iraq is winnable and we are winning. The left just doesn't like that fact and so try to blow it over with BS that lacks common sense.

Im a republican but i sure as h e l l wouldnt want to loose my life for some stinky a$$ed raghead that doesnt give a crap if he blows up someone from the military or 40 women and children. Alls they want to do is fight between themselves, they need dictatorship, thats all they know. Soon as a civil war breaks out, id back out and let them finish each other off. We should instigate a civil war, that will take care of a few.

Iraq is irrelevant and so are American politics. The fantics are clear in their message after the Pope's comments. Their goal is to wage jihad until Muslims are in control of the entire world and not a moment sooner. If we convert to Islam they will allow us to live. My grandson will be fighting this one in 16 more years and they will hit us again. After the next attack we need to absolutely level a middle eastern country so they will understand that we mean business. This whole thing reminds me so much of Vietnam. Our political system is always ripe for the opponents to take advantage of voter emotions which ties the hands of our military. Ever hear of the Crusades?

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com

Remember these freaks got all pissed off at some cartoons a while back and now the Pope. We need to either level the middle east or get out. I'd rather level it.

I'm sure Iraq is winnable but at what cost??? 50,000 American lives or many trillions of our dollars. And we will always be watching our backs anyway.

Check out "Obsession" the movie. Not the perfume.

Does this still mean I'm left? You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

I heard the early reviews on the movie. It is one we all need to watch regardless of politics. This is serious stuff and we better all rethink our views on how to fight a war and get ready to get the job done. I bet they hit european countries hard first then try to spread the war. Sound familiar? Thanks for the link.

ALLRIGHTTTT!!!! You guys are starting to tick me off!!! This war drum pounding left vs. right BS has been going on for going on five years, enough!! BIG CLUE HERE, IT'S HUNTING SEASON... I for one am a member primarily because of hunting and the outdoors. Some of you on here haven't posted ONE hunting/ outdoors related thread, I've checked. Discuss politics once in a while, fine, I'm OK with that, but if you can't contribute something besides non-outdoors related inflammatory remarks, well I don't know Steve/ Brandon/ TFinal, what do you think?? Maybe the "Campfire" should be only for Political subjects relating to the outdoors?

> ALLRIGHTTTT!!!! You guys are starting
>to tick me off!!! This
>war drum pounding left vs.
>right BS has been going
>on for going on five
>years, enough!! BIG CLUE HERE,
>IT'S HUNTING SEASON... I for
>one am a member primarily
>because of hunting and the
>outdoors. Some of you on
>here haven't posted ONE hunting/
>outdoors related thread, I've checked.
>Discuss politics once in a
>while, fine, I'm OK with
>that, but if you can't
>contribute something besides non-outdoors related
>inflammatory remarks, well I don't
>know Steve/ Brandon/ TFinal, what
>do you think?? Maybe the
>"Campfire" should be only for
>Political subjects relating to the
>outdoors?

Who would that be that hasn't posted one single hunting related thread DMan?

>Im a republican but i sure
>as h e l l
>wouldnt want to loose my
>life for some stinky a$$ed
>raghead that doesnt give a
>crap if he blows up
>someone from the military or
>40 women and children.
>

We aren't fighting for the dumb@$$ that blows himself up to kill women and children and other innocents. We are fighting for the everyday, I just want a decent life individual. We in the military don't go there to die. We go there to make the enemy die.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 06:39PM (MST)[p]America is the best in the world when it comes to fighting a war WWII style.
When we are fighting guerilla types or terrorists that don't wear uniforms or an enemy that is not a soverign nation...well it gets a lot tougher.
One thing I am learning as I get older, is that neither political party is right 100% of the time and neither party is wrong 100% of the time.
Some people never grow to understand that.
I consider myself a freethinking conservative that is not in lockstep with any political party.
I just wonder if this war is indeed winable.
Will we have to take on the entire Islaamic religion?
HH

HH,
I completely agree with you that neither party is ever 100% right. Is this war in Iraq winnable? Well that depends on your opinion of win. My opinion of win, is we turn over Iraq to a democratic government of sorts and they are providing their own security. That goal for a win is attainable.
If win means what I said on top of Iraq will always be a democratic government and be our allies, then we have another problem. Once we are gone the "extremists" that we fight will take over in a few years.

Extremists are the problem, not the average Muslim. If the average moderate Muslims stood up around the world and told the extremists off with as much enthusiasm as the left wing Democratic party does with Bush, I think it would help a great deal to tone down this terrorist stuff. The war on terror will last forever until that happens.

Here's the twist of it all and why a war on terrorism will last forever. It's this simple

Americans(and most other people of the world) honor life! Muslim extremest honor death!!.

Hey Dman, I understand where youre coming from but I'm not much of a hunting poster on this site. I dont give any secrets away - DONT EVEN ASK. On the other hand, I've given up a lot of useless information (gear talk, equipment, and photography) on this site, and mostly stuf everyone knows, like wyoming is overhunted, and so on, so, I guess I'm guilty of not posting much on hunting. At the end of the day, I dont talk much hunting, because I let my hunting talk for itself. .

As per politics and issues, i think the campfire is a good place for it. . .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom