YH-499 YOUTH ANY BULL ELK

joebobhunter4

hey i drew this tag and from what i understand is the season is sept. 13-23 and you can hunt "anywhere" in the state... is this correct? or if you know for sure could you opst it up thanks! and if you have any information on good outfitters or areas to go it would be greatly appreciated! thanks again

You can't hunt anywhere. You can hunt any bull areas but you get to hunt them in the rut with a rifle.

joebob, email or PM me and I'll help you. You know how to get in touch with me from our previous conversations. My son had a nice youth any bull hunt in 2005.

Hey joebob. I sent you an email. Not sure if it is working or not....could you let me know if you got it?

Thanks

I might be abel to help depending on where you want to hunt contact me i kill some nice bulls on anybull units every year

You are not allowed to hunt anywhere in the state. You are only allowed to hunt the general season "any bull" areas. This does not include the Limited Entry areas. What it does alow you to do though is to hunt them in september before the general public hunts them in october.

Hope this helps you out a little bit. Get your self a proclamation and it will give you a boundry description of the 5 or so areas in the state that you will be able to hunt. The only one I am familiar with is the South Slope of the Uintahs, and it is a pretty tough hunt, the animals are there but they are dang tough to find.

Good luck to you, we look forward to seeing pics and hearing your story after the season is over.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

>I might be abel to help
>depending on where you want
>to hunt contact me i
>kill some nice bulls on
>anybull units every year

sent you a pm... idk if you ever recieved it though?

Congrats on a geat tag although I usually do some homework before I put in for a tag. But this a a grat opportunity to hunt during the rut with a rifle. When you get a chance go to the photo gallery then to 2006 Big Bucks and Bulls contest and scroll down on the firt page to Pictures posted on Dec. 19, 2006 and view the my post labeled "Taylors 332 gross bull" and see what my son was able to take. We were in elk everyday and didn't see another hunter the entire time. We had our choice of at least 6 bulls per day all ice branch antlered animals, so be patient and take your pick. Shot me a PM if you want some details as we hunted in 3 different areas in the state. Good luck

Hello my name is Steve and I was just reading your post and wondered if you might be willing to share the area's you hunted with me. My son has drawn a youth tag and I have no experience hunting elk whatsoever. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom