You can count on the Dems

202typical

Long Time Member
You can count on the Democrats to do two things: raise taxes on everyone in the country, and provide excuses for their own failure to pay taxes themselves.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-09 AT 04:09PM (MST)[p]i dont want to engage the tax debate at that level, because I dont think it matters much (we are all in trouble), but I do have a question, Bush put up an 8 trillion dollar deficit (much of accumulated with little direct oversight from the congress), how do we pay our bills if we dont pay it with our earnings?

I dont think either party can now claim the high ground on spending, they both are going at it like madmen. . . so it's not republican vs. democrats its the americans vs. the government at this point. The republicans took away the myth that they are conservatives, and the democrats now are spending as good as their reputation. . .

"how do we pay our bills if we dont pay it with our earnings?"

The same way you do in your household when you are spending more than you make... Cut back on frivolous spending..... Terry

You can have tax and spend dems, or don't tax and spend & borrow conservatives.

If you look at the run up in the national debt and the situation we are in today to even hint that the dems are more fiscally irresponsable than conservatives is just too funny.

Americans forget quickly, but not in two weeks I'm afraid. hold off with those jewels of financial wisdom until we forget who allowed things to get to this point.

"how do we pay our bills if we dont pay it with our earnings?"

Once our credit cards are maxed out we refinance our house to pay the cards off. Then max out our cards again and refinance again. Keep doing that until the bottom drops out of real estate, then get a bail out from the government. Simple.

>"how do we pay our bills
>if we dont pay it
>with our earnings?"
>
>Once our credit cards are maxed
>out we refinance our house
>to pay the cards off.
>Then max out our cards
>again and refinance again. Keep
>doing that until the bottom
>drops out of real estate,
>then get a bail out
>from the government. Simple.

Way to true. If you save your money and live within your means no goodies for you.

We are going to have a lot of old people with their hands out in the next 20 years. They got no money saved, they have a culture of expecting someone to take care of them.

I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but how many others saw this coming? I'll admit it came harder and faster than I expected but when you see a couple with 2 kids and a pair of new jet skis, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers a toy hauler and a new crew cab and Tahoe in front of their new house and the both work for $16 an hour you can do the math.

The real estate thing had to end too, if it hadn't an average house would be $750,000 by now and how does an average person buy it on the same wages they got 3 years ago? again do the math.

So if a hick from the sticks and a lot of other everyday folks could see a problem in the making how did our government officials, bank gurus and the finacial wizards on tv not have a clue? and why do we think the same goobers who slept through this can advise us on where to go from here? everytime I hear or read something from these clowns I just want to say shut up. every one of the superstars who didn't say anything about this until the meltdown hit should be fired or forced to wear a dunce cap anytime they talk economics so we can know who to ignore and who might have some insight we could use. economist and politians are like the weatherman, we pay them and they keep their job even when they're wrong 90% of the time.

OK, I'm done.

Great post that hits the nail right on the head...

"So if a hick from the sticks and a lot of other everyday folks could see a problem in the making how did our government officials, bank gurus and the finacial wizards on tv not have a clue?"
Simple: GREED...
It is very telling that during the congressional Madoff Ponzi Scheme investigation that the whistle blower says he gave the SEC proof of Madoffs scam well in advance and they never acted on it.

Stop Global Whining

HD your spot on. Only thing to add is that politicians are only concerned with the moment.
They do not solve problems long term. It goes against logic to make some future guy look good.

They all road the credit wave as long as they could. Most of us saw this coming, like them we did not know when the bubble would burst.

quoteing huntindude
""I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but how many others saw this coming? I'll admit it came harder and faster than I expected but when you see a couple with 2 kids and a pair of new jet skis, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers a toy hauler and a new crew cab and Tahoe in front of their new house and the both work for $16 an hour you can do the math.

The real estate thing had to end too, if it hadn't an average house would be $750,000 by now and how does an average person buy it on the same wages they got 3 years ago? again do the math.""

Well Damnit!! gonna have to agree with you again!! Yep, I kept seeing the same stuff. Everyone living beyond there means. My parents never use to borrow. Took me forever to get a credit card, now they send them in the mail.
People live way beyond there means, we use to save to get the new quad or whatever...

So you are one of those quad hunters.............LMAO lets get a complaint thread going about that now. Hillarious.

You know bwnco I just razin ya. I have no dog in the quad fight. I just thin that quad argument is hillarious.

yep, the dems say the rich don't pay taxes. Well after Daschle and Guitner they obviously would know wouldn't they.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom