You guys using 15x56's, I have a question...

Foreman4x4

Very Active Member
Do you leave your binos attached to your tripod and lash it to your pack, or do you take them on and off each time you stop to glass? If you take them on and off, do you leave the bino mount attached to the bino, tripod, or neither? I have the Swaro 15x56's and Swaro tripod adapter that I'll be using for the first time this season and have been trying to figure out the best way to carry them either on or in my pack (Horn-Hunter Mainbeam) but haven't found anything that looks too feasible without taking the binos and mount off the tripod and carrying them in the main compartment and the tripod in one of the side carriers.

I also don't know if I'd trust the Swarovski tripod mount to keep the binos securely in place. Please share you experiences and what you've found best for carrying your optics in the field. If you feel there's a better designed pack for carrying optics, those suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

You can leave your adapter on your binos by turning it up side down so it doesnt wear a hole in your chest. Also check out the Nikon Field Optics Recon Pack. (Made by Blackhawk)

You should have a tri pod with a quick release. carry your nocs either with a crooked horn type halter or pack em.hope this helps.

What have you got if ya haven't got a story?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-07 AT 01:05AM (MST)[p]I'll be carrying my Geovids around my neck. Just trying to decide if there's a good way to leave the big Swaros attached to the tripod (K&K with pistol grip) while moving or if I should just break them down and carry them in my pack, and then set-up when I stop to glass again. Like I said, this is my first year with the 15x56's, so I was just wondering if maybe some of you guys that have been using them for a while have come up with any good ways to pack them?

One other question, what are you guys using to keep your binos in inside your pack because the factory case isn't too great!...

buy the swarovski bino adapter.. its a quick connect! bought mine around 85 bucks.
rm

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-07 AT 08:07AM (MST)[p]You guys must have missed Your Honeyholes??? If you had seen it you would guit talking about the damm bino's. Check it out. Who the hell is Swarovski anyhow? Sounds commie to me.

Ransom

4X4 I have Jim Whites bino/tripod adapter and quick release plate (switched from Swarovski's adapter because of weight and Jim's adapter works better, more secure) I take the 15's off the tripod each time and put them back in the case and slide into my Ebberstock pack - gunslinger. The gunslinger has a center pouch to pack your gun and I put my tripod in there. There is plenty of room in the pack to put the bino's in as well. With the 15's you really want to keep them from getting dirt so packing them back up each time helps and getting set back up is very quick with the way I am doing it. I am totally sold on Ebberstock packs and the Jim White tripod adapter........... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

i agree outdoorsmans quick disconnect is great. binos around neck and tripod in pack

10x42 around the neck and the 15x56 in the pack and the tripod tucked away. This works for me and I have never had any problems with it.

.........or you can try what i do, and it's free.
I use a Leica 77 spotting scope (straight eye piece) and simply lay my bino's on top of the scope. They lay nice and sturdy without having to attatch or disattatch anything. Once i see something i want to se in the scope, i simply remove the bino's, slightly lift the handle on my Bogen and my target is right there in the scope.
It's pretty tough to beat "simple and free" :)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom