You know you're a Californian if......

idabigbuck

As a former Californian I can relate:

So as not to be outdone by all the redneck, hillbilly, and Texan jokes,
>you know you're from California if:
>
> 1. Your coworker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.
>
>
> 2. You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
>
> 3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a
>conversation in English.
>
> 4. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is
>named Flower.
>
> 5. You can't remember . . . . is pot illegal?
>
>
> 6. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
>
> 7. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are
>grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
>
> 8. You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?
>
> 9. A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.
>
> 10. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.
>
> 11. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a
>baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS
>George Clooney.
>
> 12. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
>
> 13. You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?
>
> 14. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news
>station: "STORM WATCH."
>
> 15. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all
>busy with their cells or pagers.
>
> 16. It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour
>early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
>
>
> 17. HEY!!!! Is pot illegal????
>
> 18. Both you AND your dog have therapists.
>
>
> 19. The Terminator is your governor.
>
> 20. If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're
>here illegally, they want to give you one.

you forgot....those of us that live in Kalifornia are Non-Resident's in states with good deer hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-05 AT 06:45PM (MST)[p]You know you live in California when...
You can hunt Three species of Elk, Muleys, Blacktails, Pronghorn, Desert Bighorn, Black Bear and fish for Salmon up to 88lbs, and fish world class steelhead rivers AND STILL put in for all the good stuff out of state, because you make wages above and beyond the average.
You can sell the home that you bought three years ago and retire in (Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington etc, ect...) and live like a king on a BIG piece of property and still put money in the bank!!!!!!
HH

HEY HARRY, YOU REALLY NAILED THAT ONE/ HOW TRUE. AND I DONT MIND THE DRIVE TO THE ROCKY MT. STATES AT ALL TO HUNT. THE WAGES,AND PROPERTY VALUES ARE GREAT, ITS ALSO 65 DEGREES WHERE I LIVE ON XMAS EVE/ BEST OF ALL WORLDS EH. YD.

Hey Harry'
You forgot to mention hitting one of those tags for big game is like hitting the california lottery too. Thats why I left 8 years ago.

Yeah, the Elk ,Sheep & Antelope are, but I hunt for big Blacktails with 2 OTC tags each year and we do get some giant Black Bears Every year.
Still, Some of the fishing I do is on par with Alaska.
In 6 years when I've logged my retirement time, I'm most likley outta here too.
HH

Harry,
One of the only things I miss about Calif. is the ocean. Spent a lot of time surfing in southern cal. and fishing out of Bodega Bay and the San Francisco bay for sturgeon, stripers, and halibut. For scenic value the north coast rivers are unbeatable. Caught my first steelhead at the mouth of the Smith river. Shot my first deer next to Shasta lake.

You know your a Californian...

-When you are at a resturant and you don't know if the guy that keeps looking at you is staring you down or checking you out.

-On you way to work you see more BMW's, Mercedes, Lexuses and Porsches than you do Chevy's, Fords and Dodges.

-When you leave your house an hour before work starts just to 28 miles.

-and ppl look at you weird because you are a hunter.

-when 8 hours isn't a full day of work

-When a major tourist city has a GAY PARADE(what the heck is this about)

lol , other than all the REALLY WIERD people , high cost of living , even higher cost of gas, crooked politicians , really ignorant people concerning country living and outdoors activities (see STUPID mt lion law & Frisco gun ban ) just to name a couple , ack after reading what i've written i need to add depressed MM member :) its a pretty cool place to live , mts 20 minutes away , coast couple hours away , hunting isnt nearly what it used to be but we still do ok ,,, i hear Co is the place to move to ,,,, LOL

yea but,,,,,,

all these guys out of state want to degrade you because you're californian,

I was raised working cows, snowshoing into a cabin to stay the night while my dad worked in alpine county, spent my summers in the logging woods fishing while my dad was cutting logs, and will say I'm just as much or more western than most the guys on here that will put you down because you're from california, half of em probably live in town, I live in the country,

and lets not forget, the settlers of most of those western states were the people that gave up halfway there, we're the decendents of the people that made it all the way!!! noone left independence,mo for wyoming, they were on their way to california or oregon!!!!!

I love eastern montana, my family lives there, and I will be there eventually, but when it's cold and miserable out there, I'm debating whether I should hunt hogs or fish for steelhead this month!

JR

RE: yea but,,,,,,

Well, I never thought I'd be sticking up for Cali, but what kills me is when these guys talk out their arse and lump the whole state into one big blob of ####.
Here in Northern Ca. we have a ton of big wide open spaces, I lived on a cattle ranch for a number of years and could shoot out my front door.
My wife shot a nice 4x4 buck off our back porch!
I'd be willing to bet that some of these guys live in suburbia themselves! (SLC,The Springs,Denver Billings etc...)
The funny thing is there seems to be some sorta "Redneck Competition" amongst some guys out there.
Well, they can keep the redneck. I'll keep the good money I make here, do a ton of fishing and hunting locally, then go on a number of out of state hunts if I draw.
Oh, and the amount of mud on your pickup doesn't necessarily relate to the guy shooting the best stuff!
HH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom