Youngest son's jackrabbit

huntFX4

Took my 9 year old out in Grassy Mountains area in Utah to look for jackrabbits today. He killed his first ever with a great shot running away from him at about 25-30 yards. He used the 20 gauge I used growing up.

1172img_20141226_131938.jpg

Now?

What'Ya gonna do with that BlackJack?

Nice Shot!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

.....prolly leave laying in the middle of the road just like you do elkass.....right??

8346emporor_obama.jpg

I liked it big...fondler doesn't

Easy ZIGGER!

That Record Book Bunny was Tempting my 3-5-7 on the Run!:D

>.....prolly leave laying in the middle
>of the road just like
>you do elkass.....right??
>
>
>
>
8346emporor_obama.jpg

>I liked it big...fondler doesn't

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

That's a good sized Rabbit right there, Congrats!!

Until that young man gets his first buck, that Rabbit is Big Game to him. I well remember the feeling and i again remember the feeling of that first buck i shot, when my whole world changed for life with a single round from Dad's rifle.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Awesome job! The first game I shot when I was a kid was a jackrabbit. We hunted rabbits quite a bit from when I was 8 up until I was 14 or so. It's a good way to teach kids how to walk quietly and stalk their game. We used over and unders so that we could use shotgun for running rabbits and a .22 for standing rabbits. Those were some of the funnest and most successful hunts in my life. Good job to you boy.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

He definitely has it in his blood now. He couldn't wait to go out again. We found a great area for cottontail too and he wanted to go out so I could shoot some for dinner and then go for jackrabbit again. Had rabbit stew tonight from three cottontails I took. He walked along with me and loved it. He's going to make a great hunter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom