Your Best De-Skunk Recipe

E

ELKabong

Big problem.
A no account, duck-eat'n skunk had a discharge out in the middle of the back yard... stinky!

Can't believe how it's hang'n on... whole famdamily comming saturday... open fer sugestions.

natures miracle.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

1 quart 3 % hydrogen peroxide; ? cup baking soda
(sodium bicarbonate); 1 teaspoon liquid soap.
The bath should be followed with
a tap water rinse.

ELKabong,

Did YOU get sprayed or did the skunk just cover the yard area????????

If yard, move the family get-together somewhere else, but if you, follow NVBighorns advice.

Brian

Sorry, I assumed it was you or the dog. Now re-reading the post (after a night's sleep) sounds like it's the yard. Not much you can do about it if it's the whole area. That stuff just has to wear off. When I was a kid my neighborhood was just starting to have houses built around our ranch and I didn't like the idea so I took every opportunity I got to shoot or run over every skunk I could just to piss off the new neighbors. The smell would hang on for weeks. My Mom was never too impressed with me when I got one up wind from our own house. One time when I was first married we had a skunk get under our house and get in a tiff with our cat. Now that was rough. Thought I might have to burn the house down with the cat in it.

I say welcome the family and if they comment just say "Smell? What smell?" :)

Is my family a bunch of potheads as well....
I hafta assume you mean jus' like me??
Wow... perty judgemental, arn't we?

Ya, the "poor creature" had an axident out there...
only sprayed (post-mortom) in one spot.
I even tried that hydro solotion, no go on grass 'an dirt.
That's perty funny about take'n 'em out to piss of the neighbors!

I tried to tell "The Boss" what'd happen if I took out stinky, butt she insisted, so now we's stinky...

BINGO,Natures Miracle...
I have tried them all and this one gets the stink off and out of the dogs vest as well.

Stop Global Whining

Having Bong in your handle can lead to speculation.

Sorry if I interpreted that incorrectly.

You have never heard of the galant crime fighter, El Kabong?

45005ec71145b024.jpg

Funniest part about those neighbors I didn't want and used to piss off by killing skunks is that one of them had a rather fetching daughter. A few years later I married her. That was over 26 years ago and the rest, as they say, is history. She still won't let me shoot a skunk in the neighbors yard. :)

LOL!
Funny how things work out sometimes.

Only reason I got the "extreme prejudice" green light on the skunk is that the bugger was munching on one of the wife's ducks... I think the remaining racoons actually kilt the ducks,(4 now) 'an I actully argued on the skunk's behalf, 'cause I knew what would happen, butt sometimes I am jus' a pawn to be used...
Set a live trap fer the 'coons las' night, twinkies 'an marshmallows fer bait.
They reached in 'an pulled the twinky over to the side 'an got most of it out.

I don't see the problem! There have been many times when the whole famdamily came to our house and I was wishing a skunk would show up. I say count your blessings!:)

Steve

Tomato juice bath for an animal will work pretty good, so said my uncle and grandad when they run hounds years ago.

Brian

Nothing is working...
Will hafta live with it...

Funny-arsed thing...
Wife set a "live" trap las' night.
I sez "don't do it, you will only catch skunks!"
"No.." sez her, " I'll catch racoons!"

Soooo... guess who gets to deal with a near 40 pound skunk in a live trap this afternoon????

>Better be the wife, just show
>her who is the BOSS.
>

Can't take that fry'n pan blunt force tramma anymore!

;<}

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom