Your fastest Kill?

T

troutcrk

Yesterday was the general season opener in Oregon for bow elk/deer. A buddy killed a bull about 20 min after first light. About an hour later he filled his deer tag on the pack out. So in 1.5 hrs he killed about a 250 bull and a 150 deer. Anyone every have the same luck?

Troutcrk
"Livin the Dream"

Filled a limit of pheasants 1 minute into the opener one year, The rest of the day sucked.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Killed a buck out of my tree stand within the first 5 minutes of light of opening day one year at the Kaibab..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I've never been on an Antelope hunt that lasted past 10am. This year my boy got his after 20 mins of hunting, and not just the first ones we see buy nice ones. I was on my first bow hunt one year, sat down looked to my right and a nice buck was coming in on the trail in front of me...missed him twice...that one would of been done in 5 minutes had i connected.

My 05 antelope hunt lasted 4 min into the opening day!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I filled my "once in a lifetime" Utah mountain goat tag well....... I'm pretty sure it was legal light, on the first day on the season, last year.

I scouted for 9 days, hunted 1 minute! DONE

See the video trailer at vimeo.com/8508643

Zeke

I cant top that Zeke.

My fastest kill was on a cow Elk hunt. I dropped my son off at his tree stand and made sure he got settled in. It was a little late opening morning, I could see the sky line getting brighter by the minute. I hoofed it back to my quad and started towards my stand and realized someone else was going down the same road and they were way ahead of me. So I decided to keep from bumping the guy?s going in and possibly giving up my spot that I would park the bike and hoof it in cross country. The stand was just a touch over a mile. As I made my way across a meadow I heard a bull bugle not maybe 100 yards off. I knew they were headed to canyon to bed down for the day and my stand was on a trail just before it dropped in. So I doubled timed it(was actaully running) across and it was getting daylight fast. I was barely in front of the herd. I got to my stand, climbed the tree just pulled up my bow and here they come. I was breathing so hard I couldn't hold my sight on the first cow that came in so I let her walk. The next cow was about a minute behind her and I had settle down a bit and took the shot as she passed under my tree. I waited for an hour, climbed down and found her, did a no-gut quarter, hung her in a tree and was back at my bike by 8:30am. With exception to the hour wait it was non-stop moving and as I waited for my son I realized my hunt was over just that quick!

GBA

GBA

A 3 point Buck at 75 mph in an 87 Dodge D-50....$5800.00 damage..late for work..never did that stunt again...

GBA; Great story, I loved reading it.

Longun; My vote is....you're the winner but the way it happened sucks (except the late for work part).

Cool stories from all!

Zeke

7 minutes into the season for a 177" whitetail and 5 minutes into season on a raghorn 4x5 bull.
My dad and I shot our two bull moose 5 minutes apart, 90 minutes into the season.
Half of my elk were taken on the first day hunting.
Nice to get it done early, prevents all the stress that comes with those final day hunts ;-)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

My first archery elk was right at legal light. I had been in my tree stand for about five minutes. A nice 5 point bull wandered down to the waterhole and stood directly under my stand for a minute. His tines were about five feet below my feet. I thought I was going to 'vibrate' off of my stand before he finally moved out to where I could put an arrow in him.

This year my buddy got his elk and deer 100 yrds from each other within minutes.. another buddy shot an elk 100 yrds from his. Nothing big but 3 animals down in a hurry.

For me it was right at shooting light. Was at the gate to my friends farm before light. As soon as it was legal shooting hours shot my buck. Had it cleaned and loaded 15 minutes after shooting light. Pulled into the Spanish Fork Check Station an hour later and the check guy said no way you shot this last night.

Was home in provo from my hunt with my buck by 9am. Hunt was in Manti.

One year I spent all summer scouting and watching a paticular water hole, figured it would produce on opening day. Killed a nice 6 point coues on the way to it opening morning. Maybe 10 minutes after leaving my truck to hike to my spot.

Maybe not the fastest in the world but I filled out on Doves yeaterday by 9;45am. Best shoot in years.
Did any of you other big game hunter blast a bird?

Zeke

About 87 MPH White Tail buck about 140 comming back from KS and was going to be late for work it was about 4 a.m. and he didn't even have a chance stopped checked out the truck no damage thank you ranch hand and kept driving made it to work I was 30 minutes late but when I told the boss how I was in KS at mid night and drove straight through he wasn't too upset when I told him the story of the deer we went and looked at the truck a little closer there was blood and hair all over everything underneith the truck hey you said fastest Kill!

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom