Your favorite bull of all time "lets see em"

5575gb

I love looking at big bulls, lets see some photos of your favorites! No fenced in ones thou please..

Here's my favorite, it's the Fugere bull and 449 7/8. It was taken near me, huge in every form head gear and body.
Believe he's still #3 NT, but that could have changed this past fall!

trophy.jpg

trophy_2.jpg

I don't have any photos to post but John Plutes bull taken in Colorado in 1899 is still number 1 in my book. the base on one side is over 12", two of the points are more than 25" long and the outside spread is almost 52 inches wide

The bulls in the RMEF are some of my favorites. Great stories behind them too.

P6080025.jpg

P6080026.jpg

P6080024.jpg

My all time favorite is the one my dad killed in 1959 scoring 365 4/8. I'll top it someday.
IMG_7402.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

My favorite is still the five point raghorn I killed with my bow many years ago. I put so much effort into archery back then that the first kill was pure bliss. I packed it out on my back by myself 6 miles round trip out of the West Elk Wilderness, three loads in one day. It felt like I was walking on air. Now it would probably kill me

BeanMan

BeanMan Im the same.

MY favorite bull is the one I shot last year. 2nd favorite was the bull the year prior and 3rd favorite was the bull two years prior to that.

+1 for beanman and hornyman. my favorite bull is my bull i killed last year. he is the only bull i have killed so he is my all time favorite.

Horny and Bowhunter,

Thanks. I'm always interested in seeing the big trophy bulls that someone else has shot. But, nothing should compare to a person's own hunts. Kind of like reading a book instead of experienceing it. IMO too much emphasis is put on other peoples trophies. I'll take my own memories any time.

Bean

Its the Jimmy Ryan bull for me hands down. The huge 6 point which he killed with a bow that scores well over the 400 mark. That thing is impressive.

That bull was a 6x7, the skornski bull was the 6x6, both awsome bulls.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Piper, I am not sure if that is Fred Mercers 7x7 bull, or not, but Freds Bull has long been one of my all time favorites.I met Fred Mercer kinda by accident,in september in the early 90's.We were supposed to go bow hunting with Freds Nephew,Vern. Vern ended up not going so we ended up asking Fred about a few spots to go to.Fred ended up camping with us and cutting up some firewood,while we bow hunted.He was modest about his giant bull but I prodded him to tell the story for us.So he told the story of his hunt to us in vivid detail,and all about the train ride from Montana to NY to a big game convention where his bull was voted the best represenative for any of the species there at that time.He was quite proud of that.As well he should be.I saw a huge bear on that trip and just didn't get the shot with my bow.Back at camp, Fred was quick to offer up his rifle,I declined as I wanted to get that bear with my bow.Fred was definately a welcome addition in our camp,he did strike me as a true gentleman. Take care and shoot straight...Troy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom