Your favorite optic for ar style

Standard 3 x 9 but I only use it at times for coyotes (prefer a bolt rifle) and casual plinking.
Scope seems like a good fit for how I use it.

Zeke

I have an Eotech, 512 on one. I hear Aimpoint is a lot better and maybe one day I’ll get one. The other is open sights. I like the open sights a lot. Normally open sights are for rimfire and levers. It’s a lot of fun with an open sight semi auto centerfire. I just ordered a Meopta 3-18 for the 24” Varminter upper I bought. That seems like it’ll be fun.

I have a Vortex PST 1.5-6x24 on a Colt AR in 5.56. I haven't shot it past 200 yards but it's plenty of scope at the distance. Nice glass, always heard good things about Vortex and thought the AR would be a good gun to try it on.

I've got a 512 on one, a vortex 6.5x24-50 on one, a couple with Leupolds and a bunch with open sights. Kinda depends on the purpose.

Mostly for defense. I have a couple good bolt guns so this is not for hunting per-say. I would plan leaving it open sight but in April I’m going on a squirrel hunt so I think that I will take it with me. Don’t want my 22-250 getting to hot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom