Your MM Username!!!!!

R

redelkarcher

I know this has prob. been posted here before but it seems like it has been kinda slow around here for the past week or so. Just wonderin' where and or why you use the Username that you do.
Starting with me: My red hair has got me the nickname RED and in elk camp there have been a few years where I have somehow been the only lucky one to take an elk with my Bow.....
Let's here em'
redelkarcher>>>------------------>

My user name is Wiszard. My last name is Wisz and in high school I played soccer. If I'm bragging....I was pretty good. My team mates called me wiszard because I created magic on the field. I know....it's kinda cheezy!

Steve

Big Wooley, Slang for Sasquatch. Cuz i know where he is and im gonna be the first one with the trophy.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

FamilyMan - five children under the age of 10 and a stay-at-home wife who influance everything I do and every choice I make.

Mark

Huntin100, because I'm either huntin or researching hunting at least 100 days a year. I know, my wife thinks I need therapy. Like many others who freqent this site.

I want a nice decent typical 4 pt. to a side with eye gaurds mule deer.

Don't need huge, just nice!!!

Thus my MM name is need4x4.

Mine is self explanatory, it's been 10 years since I last drew a big game limited entry tag. I've drawn less important tags occasionally such as cow elk (twice) and swan (three times). But I don't get excited about those, I want the big time hunts.

"Slamdunk"- was given too me by a fellow guide on a deer hunt one year beause i was telling him about this big buck and how he was going to be a "Slamdunk" to get killed.

"Skull Krazy"- is the name of my reproduction skull business for shed antler mounting.

"Man Crush"- TripleK can explain that one. ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Well its Roy because a friend of mine in college used to call me that. I played football at SUU and guess I looked like some other guy on the team from the previous year named Roy and the guys started calling me that. One day at a big meeting we all had to introduce ourselves and as I stood up my friend yelled out "ROY!" and everyone else started laughing, so it stuck and my little sister hardly uses my real first name anymore. Now, that friend who first called me that is dead and I kept it as kind of a tribute to him. I use UTROY in my signature because it is a play on UT (The University of Texas) and my home state (Utah).

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

proutdoors has a couple of meanings. The original is Porcupine Ridge Outdoors(PRO) my LLC. I also am 'pro' outdoors, as in I believe most of life should be spent in the outdoors.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Blazing Saddles is one of my favorite movies- But mostly because I watched it the night before I signed up here, and thats all I had on the brain.

bobcatbess was already taken so I had to make this one up...that, or maybe I just can't spell Edelbrock correctly...

1BigDeer is what I tell my wife I want when she asks how many more deer we NEED in the house. I tell her I will stop (deer hunting) when I kill One Big Deer! Sorta like when she asks how many more guns I NEED - I always say JUST ONE MORE! :)

I am still chasing the dream of finally breaking that 30" mark. I have killed a couple of dandy bucks that are under 30", but still have not hit that 30 mark. Biggest to date is 29 1/2". Maybe this year!

Pushin_30

2pointer because I have no self restraint and I have killed way to many two points. I just get so danged excited and have a very hard time holding out for a big one.

2pointer

In my younger days, I was considered crazy, in that I would do stuff that invariably ended in me breaking some bone or requiring stitches.....the family doctor, said I thought I was Superman.......so he took to calling me "Nickman" and I have been that since I was about 15.

I could go by "Chickenman" now that I have mellowed.....

The year I joined MM I had drawn a Archery LE elk tag on the Momroe Moutain. My goal that year was to take a 400 class bull with my bow. I know, I know, that's one heck of a goal. I figured it was better to aim for the stars and miss then aim for a cow pie and hit. I'm still waiting for that 400 class bull.

400bull

One_dryboot, it kinda speaks for its self and it is the story of my life. The worst part is all the damn blisters

Great thread Redelk...

I always wondered how everyone came up with their names. Mine (GoatT)....is mainly because my hunting buddies say I scale the mountains like a goat and am always waiting on them to get up the mountain. Also, I have somewhat of a gotee most of the time on my face, so I combined the two. Not too original, but works.....

http://www.trophyblogger.com/Goat

http://www.trophyblogger.com
email.jpg

Thanks for all the replies ya'll. It's kinda cool to find all these goods out. I feel that our MM name's tell a lot about our lives and who we are.
redelkarcher>>>------------------->

I hunt with a Hoyt Raptor. "Raptor" by itself was already taken when I signed up so I added "NM" because thats where I'm from. Hence NMRaptor.
-Raptor

Birdbuster----I wish.
I actually spend a lot of time working with my GWP's. Gives me an excuse to hunt a lot more. "Honey, the dogs need to get out!"

Noc---Slang for night

Hawk--in my Military days I could pick out likly ambush spots that the opposition had set up no matter how camoflaged they were..
During Desert Shield/Storm I spent my time in a spider hole outside Bagdad, the others in the hole with me gave me that name---eye's like a hawk..

Nochawk: nighthawk

just a play on words

"mozey" sounds like part of my surname. Junior High kids started calling me "mozey" and/or "mooseface" back in the 70s. I liked "mozey" better... ;-)

I THINK ktc IS BULLSHIPPING US!!!

LMAO AT EDELBROCK!!!

LMAO AT eel!!!

bobcat WAS ONCE AN UN-COMMON NAME!!!

BUT JUDAS PRIEST!!!

I SHOWED UP AT MM & THE WHOLE MM WORLD BECAME bobcats THAT HATED bobcatbess!!!

THERE ARE 100'S OF bobcat IMPOSTERS!!!

THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL bobcat!!!

I HEARD SOMEBODY IN THE BACKGROUND SAY: THANK GOD!!!

I'M AFRAID Faleno IS GONNA POST & WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO READ THROUGH HIS/HER/ITS EXCUSE OF BEING A NAME LIKE THAT!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

(frustrated)becuase of all the bashing between hunters on this site! I recently just signed up as a member becuase it drives me crazy when i see someone post a pic of a deer,elk or shed antler, and there is a few people that congradulaute them and then there is the people that try cuase problems and label them as poachers or in the case of Shed Antlers they say they chasedor harassed the animals without knowing the circumstances. Hunters on this site are sharing their passion and when other hunters sit and try to drag there name through the mud and cuase conflict between us it is very upsetting. We should all be together trying to protect what we have instaed of beating each other up. MM members and MANAGERS should put a stop to this immeaditatly instead of feeding it.

NOT REALLY SURE BUT NEXT TIME I'LL MAKE SURE "WAPITI" ISN'T TAKEN

I PLAN ON CHANGING MINE PDQ

IF YA SEE A NEW MEMBER THAT CAN'T RESIST AN SFW BASH SESSION
OR ARGUING OPPORTUNITY VS QUALITY AND TYPES ALL IN CAPS YOU'LL KNOW!!!

I'M THINKING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

BOBCATTBESSS

KTC_MANCRUSH_ON_THE_DON

OR

PRO_10000_CONSERVATION_TAGS

GONNA BE A LONG NIGHT BOYS

KEEP YER POWDER DRY

New to MM. I am from Carbon county utah. Ironically I am a Dentist who loves moutain dew. Carbonnation (that is in soda pop, thought I would clarify that just in case someone is from Helper)

In high school I called all of my workout partners "fatboy." Well they all ganged up on me and started calling ME "fatboy" and it stuck.
I also used to drive to my friends houses and crow like a rooster to get them to come outside instead of me going up to knock on the door. They'd always come out and we'd go raise hell somewhere. Sometimes I would crow and just keep on diving and they'd always come out looking for me.
When I signed up on MM "fatboy" was already taken so I went with "fatrooster." Later someone told me that it had a nasty meaning. It never even crossed my mind until they mentioned it.
fat....whats another name for rooster? Ha ha, fatrooster.

Mine comes from a nickname (Sukie) from my last name that my father had and just got passed down to me over the years. This is also a great time for me to say a big thanks to all you MM's. I obviously don't post much, just lurk. I'll turn 50 this year and keep hanging on to the dream of shooting a "big bull" (300"+) with my bow out where most of you live. This site really helps keep a flatlanders'(Nebraska)dream alive! It's also tough because there aren't many if any my age out here who still want to chase them with a bow. So a big THANK YOU to all here on MM!!!

Sukie

Last name has the word "thing" in it. Two mexican guys in my squad/roommates started calling me Cosa, and it stuck. At least while I was in the Corp.

When I first got my computer I didn't know how to set it up. I had a kid from work come over and help be set up my e-mail account and he asked me what I wanted my screen name to be. I said that I didn't know. He chose sw for my initials to first and last name and buckmaster because that was the show I was watching at the time.

So I go by swbuckmaster on all the forums I visit.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Come on wapati. oh well, that was pretty damn funny. I can take some jabs tonight.;-)

You think I am pulling your leg bess? Maybe?;-)

Kilowatt: Worked in the Electrical Transmission and Distribution for the largest supplier of Electric in No. Kali.

WAPITI was taken so came up with this name could have been Megawatt too, but went with this name instead.

Kilowatt: You "killed a what?" LOL

Brian
P.S. EELGRASS IS DREAMING AGAIN AS USUAL. IT IS THE NAME OF SOME DUCK CRAP GRASS UP WHERE HE LIVES. lol

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-08 AT 11:07PM (MST)[p]kw,

I heard once that eelgrass is an Indian term for pale face with tiny penis? :)

Because I am lucky enough that if I have to live in California,at least it's in the northeast part.Northern end of the Sierra Nevada,Southern end of the Cascades,and at the west side of the great basin.

averagejoe,

just a normal guy trying to "take a buck" sorry could not resist.
ajoe

When I was a kid my Dad started calling me Rinklemier Snodgrass,, why I don't know, but my buddies heard it and it stuck,, so now it's just Rink..

Califelkslayer, From NE Kali and since I got horses I've never come home with an unfilled elk tag. Trying to be more picky though.

1) I have always watched baseball and i remember growing up watching Oilcan Boyd pitch for the Boston Redsox and thought that was a cool nickname.

2) Now i work in a refinery in Northern Cal.
So Oil can pay for all my hunting trips hence another play on words "Oilcan"

Tag....eater. its pretty self explanitory. I'd rather eat a tag than shoot a young, undersized, future big buck.

477ae34e5b284072.jpg

HEY RINK!!!

BOUT TIME WE HEARD FROM YOU!!!

WHAT YA BEEN UP TO???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

A high school class mate made the statement that I got lost after high school at my 20th class reunion. For some unknow reason I rememberd that when I 1st started posting on hunting sites. I dose show I got a sence of hummor and don't take thing to serious.

>
>1) I have always watched baseball
>and i remember growing up
>watching Oilcan Boyd pitch for
>the Boston Redsox and thought
>that was a cool nickname.
>
>
>2) Now i work in a
>refinery in Northern Cal.
> So Oil can pay for
>all my hunting trips hence
>another play on words "Oilcan"
>

Looks like we pay for our hunting the same way, But I can see deer and antelope from the top of our Coker.

I like it, tageater! Don't you just love it when you get back from a hunt and some Gomer ask's, did you get your deer, and you reply nope! and then they start in with a story on how they got there deer( usualy a yearling) and how they always fill there tag.

tag,

I just thought you sucked at hunting for all these years?;-)

I am with brains, I am not man enough to admit I eat tags also. Ha! How do you prepare your tags? Just salt and pepper?

I save them up from year to year, i've got about 4 right now, one more and i'll have enough for a proper tag stew!

1 cup of chicken stock per tag, bring to a slow simmer, add carrots and onions, potato, salt and pepper to taste, and liberal amounts of tabasco!!! and man its worth holding out for Mr. Big!

As for all the other guys that do shoot the smaller ones.....good for them if thats what gets their boat to rock.

477ae34e5b284072.jpg

Dr Harju Wyo. G&F was asked by an outdoor writer whats the best way to shoot a big muley. His answer

Don't shoot a small one.

mdbrown- meat down brown, named from my freind,who unfortunatly , last year was killed in a mt bike accident, for my reputation of getting my bull every year.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-08 AT 08:09AM (MST)[p]You never want to take ktc with you on a serious bull elk hunt because he always gets buck fever and Kills The Cows.:)

Eel

I coached fastpitch softball for several years. A girl on one of my teams started calling me larrbo for Larry. It has stuck and now alot of my freinds call me larrbo. In fact a while back my granddaughter said to me "what's up larrbo".

After my best friend and companion, my blue heeler, Zeke. Plus, while playing online poker, my name was zekers1, which someone from Sweden said that translates to sure 1. In a cocky kind of way I liked it.

I realize mlycrzy isn't very creative, but when I asked my 4 yr old boy what name to use that's what he liked. My wife has caught him on several occasions using the bathroom while reading my Muley Crazy magazines:)

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Mine is pretty lame. I have hunted the Fishlake all my life for deer and elk. I have watched MM for a long time but have never joined. Then last year I drew my LE elk Muzz tag for the Fishlake and decided to join MM....Now I am addicted.

When I first started coming here to MM's I had been putting in for a few years for rifle deer and elk with no tags. So I decided that if I ever wanted to hunt here in AZ I was going to have to start bow hunting. Of course I drew a bull tag the first year I put in for archery. Thus the name.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-08 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]Named after my first Peterbuilt I bought after retiring from the Army hence 2001 379 Peterbuilt.

My favorite book is "31 years in the Mountains and on the Plains" by William F. Drannan.....I tried 100 user names it seemed like before it said Drannan wasn't already in use.

Mine originated from 2 of my buddies back when I was in High School. Now days hunting the wasatch front I am more "Not So" Silentstalker! Great thread Red!

Gotlost i"m envious all i see from the top of our coker is traffic backed up for miles on I680

I have been accused of being particularly rigid and inflexible in my political beliefs which earned me the nickname Hardcore. I have had a life long affair with the outdoors and I like to backpack hunt. The tougher the hunt, the better.

So when I started my little gear evaluation effort, Hardcore Outdoor seemed to fit and it sang. So I ran with it.

Wade
www.hardcoreoutdoor.com

I have been playing baseball pretty much all my life. When I got out of high school, I started playing softball. I have had the name BigFly for as long as I can remember for yanking home runs outta the yard. Now I'm old and fat and the big flies come less often. I still have fun though!

BigFly
47bec37d1951da49.jpg

I guess that i was a little full of myself the day i signed in. It's tough to be humble when you're that good. lol

Actually, i didn't have a clue what to sign in as. i love hunting mulies in the sagebrush draws and am known to give a pointer or two if asked...or if i think you need telling...hey, have fun with it!

One of my favorite backcountry haunts is the West Fork of the ????

but some how I botched up WestFork when signing in the first time, and now its ForkWest.

MrKrabs - Every time we watch Spongebob SquarePants my wife says I'm just as tight with my money as Mr. Krabs and every time she has a nickel I figure out a way to get it in the bank.

Not much here Cat,, The move to Sanpete fell through unfortunately. The housing market turned sour just as I listed the humble abode here in SLC,, I wasn't willing to take a shot in the shorts on that much equity so I transfered the job back here to this "wonderful" valley.. ppffftttt.. Now I'll finish out my last 7 years and retire.. Then we'll probably come out your way, we're looking at a few places near Fruitland, Tabby, Hanna..

How bout you Cat,, ?? how did the critters fair up your way ?? lots of snow, yeah ??

My best friend growing up called me this. He was killed in Vietnam and I've kept the nickname since in honor of him.

Thanks again ya'll for all the replies.... Keep em' comin'! Some of ya'll are pretty dang creative.
redelkarcher>>>-------------->

When my youngest daughter would tell me "I'm Hungry" or "I'm Cold", I would respond, "I'm Old". She would say you're not old you're a "Big Bull" or sometimes you're a "Trophy Buck".

I choose the first one as I am kinda big at 6'3", 260lbs.

Ed

47fa5bc843c6053b.jpg

Cast_n_Blast

I have a small pontoon boat that I fish from and when duck season comes around, I carry my shotgun with me while I'm fishing. Thus I like to cast out my fly line to fish then when a duck flies over I blast him out of the sky....

Matt

RE: Cast_n_Blast

BLooDTRaCKeR, because I have been able to track anything down that has been shot whether by me or someone else I know....(so far) Picking up a blood trail after it has been lost is my specialty. Open invitation to anyone who has trouble in the future finding a wounded animal. I'm in northern utah, let me know if I can help. Don't like to see meat go wasted.
-------------------------

S.A.F.!

MM Names

MortgageMan - I have been in the mortgage industry for almost 10 years and the name sounded good. I love hutning and fishing but I didn't want to sound arrogant by naming myself after a big buck/bull or something like that.

I hunt grouse, turkeys, fish mostly for small mouth bass, varmint hunt, deer hunt, elk hunt, and all that with with bow, muzzle loader and rifle. Just trying to enjoy all the outdoor sports gods great outdoors has to offer!

The summer after graduating high school I went to work at a lumber yard. I took the work truck over to pick up some lumber from one of the suppliers. When I got out of the truck a forklift operator asked me if I had a light. There were some matches in the truck since a lot of the drivers smoked. I gave him a light, put the match out, and threw it in the ash tray. Well, at least I thought I did....I missed and the match wasn't out!! There was a cardboard box on the floor and thats where the match landed.

I took the P.O. into the office to get the materials I needed. Then a guy came busting in the door and said "dude, your truck is on fire." He threw me a fire extinguisher and I ran out the door to see flames shooting out of both windows! I put the fire out and drove the truck back to the lumberyard with fire retardant shooting out of the windows all the way back. The fire melted the dash and burned the seat.

When I got back to the yard one of my buddies said "you torched it" and everyone started calling me Torch from then on. I am also a redhead.....so the nickname goes along with that too.

Mine pretty well speaks for itself.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting HOLY SH!T WHAT A RIDE!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom