Your preferred BULLET

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
Ok, I have to admit, I have never been bear hunting. Thats going to be changing shortly. I will be shooting a 300 win mag.

What are your recommendations for brand/grain??? Thanks!!

First choice - Nosler 180 grain Accubond
Second choice - Nosler 180 grain Partition

ill give you 1 guess. 180 grains of pure evil.
second choice...accubond. i took a blacky in idaho 2 years ago, one heart shot from 150 yards and he rolled down the mountain and into the record book.
if you are going to shoot sub 200 yards, the partition is probably the best all around for carnage...but i don't get them to group nearly as tight.

Unless you are hunting Brown Bears with that .300, its not going to matter. Anything that works for Deer/Elk will do just fine for Black Bear.

Hornady Interbond. I like it better than Partitions or Barnes X. Haven't tried Accubonds as I'm so satisfied with the Interbonds I can see no reason to try Accubonds. The Interbonds are killer on deer and antelope too.

I just got back from my bear hunt. I went with the "Accubond" 180 grain. They were a great suggestion and performed great.

As soon as I get the pic's from my friend, I will post the results. Thanks!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-08 AT 10:45PM (MST)[p]I use the Nosler ballistic tip 165 grain. Nothing ever gets up from it!! No follow up shot needed. I reload my own for my 300 win mag sendero. I get that bullet cranking around 3000 fps. Ye ha!! And the groups are tight! 1/2 inch group at 200 yards, 3 shots for a hunting bullet, not bad!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom