Youth 2B Hunt forecast

JFBNORTHERNHUNTER

My son drew out the Youth Hunt in 2B starting in November 18. I know the area and understand the migration in the unit. The question I have is has the big boys moved in? From what I hear of last weeks hunt is there were more big bucks taken and seen than the two previous hunts combined. What should we expect on this hunt? We are prepared to hunt from opening day through the last day with only a two day break for thanksgiving.

My son drew out the Youth Hunt in 2B starting in November 18. I know the area and understand the migration in the unit. The question I have is has the big boys moved in? From what I hear of last weeks hunt is there were more big bucks taken and seen than the two previous hunts combined. What should we expect on this hunt? We are prepared to hunt from opening day through the last day with only a two day break for thanksgiving.
Had a buddy there for the first rifle it was slow!
His wife killed a small deer

This hunt will be a blast! By far the best hunt unit 2 has left. With a little patience you will have the possibility of finding one of the few big bucks left out and about rutting. Good luck!

The bucks in Colorado haven’t really started moving yet. It’s been too warm. Be patient, they will show up as the rut progresses. Good luck. This is a great hunt. Don’t forget to post pics when you’re done.

Well my son has passed up on some small 3x3 and 4x4s. We have seen two shooters but they give us the slip. Today been slow with the rain and fog. We really aren’t seeing the number of deer I thought we would be seeing. Yesterday maybe saw 35-45 Doe’s and 6 bucks including the two shooters. Not sure what’s going on?

Well my son has passed up on some small 3x3 and 4x4s. We have seen two shooters but they give us the slip. Today been slow with the rain and fog. We really aren’t seeing the number of deer I thought we would be seeing. Yesterday maybe saw 35-45 Doe’s and 6 bucks including the two shooters. Not sure what’s going on?

You're hunting resident deer right now.

Need snow in Colorado. Those bucks will come for the rut, but having snow will push them down sooner. Pray for weather.

We are hunting it as well, and its been slow for rutting deer for sure. We have seen a pile of deer, just no shooters yet. My son passed on 51 bucks over the weekend, best was 160-165. Best buck we saw with the does was 130-140. We won't be able to hunt til Thursday so hopefully the weather gets some bucks to show themselves. Good luck to you guys

How’s the hunt going?
Maybe I had to high of expectations but we are not seeing the number of bucks I thought we would be seeing. Allot of 2x2s and 3x3 and only 2 shooters but nothing over 150-160. The two shooters were spotted over a long range and tried to get in position for a shot and got busted both times.

Maybe I had to high of expectations but we are not seeing the number of bucks I thought we would be seeing. Allot of 2x2s and 3x3 and only 2 shooters but nothing over 150-160. The two shooters were spotted over a long range and tried to get in position for a shot and got busted both times.
Sort of the norm for most people in the 2’s these days. With our winters and cold weather pretty much non existent I’m not much of a fan of the 2’s never really have been.
I hope things turn around for you guys! Keep up the hard work and I’m sure you will persevere! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Sorry just been busy working and haven’t really got on here. My son harvested a big body 3x4. The weather was rough which made travel a muddy mess. Didn’t see anything over 160. Landed up killing a buck he passed on open day. It was fun and a good experience for him.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom