Youth Antelope

R

rec63

My daughter and my friends son have a ES youth antelope hunt at the end of Nov. for units 41 - 43(east of Hwy.285), 46-48 and 54-59. We're thinking of the Kiowa Grasslands (public land) but I've heard that may not be such a hot spot. We're looking for other public land ideas or, private/state land options pending permission from the land owner. Any ideas or input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would suggest hunting at the Sierra Grande Mountain. Had a deer hunt a few years back and seen some nice bucks with plenty of doe's. And as for state land you don't need permission as long as you're hunting you have every right to be there.

No ranch was assigned. It's open to all public land. If we hunt private land then we have to have permission from the land owner.
Marksman1 - thanks for the info. I thought that if the State land was being leased by a private land owner that I would have to have their permission to hunt it. Could that be the case if I had to cross private land in order to enter the state land?

I would contact the game warden in that area about that they should have more information about that or you can also contact the New Mexico state land office (505) 827-5760

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom