youth bows

B

bdkinwmsaz

Hi everyone, another new guy here. I'd like to buy my seven year old a bow this year. He's had a little Indian Archery recurve for a few years, but its really just a toy. It's time he get one like "Daddy's" if you know what I mean.I've read about a few, like the genesis, micro midas, and braves. I like some of the features they offer. The genesis sounds like it would fit anyone, but it is like 36" axle to axle, seems akward for a child.
I'd love to here any of your experiences with todays youth bows and would appreciate some advice too.
Thanks and good luck.

I bought my 8 year old a bow for his birthday last year. I really just happened upon a deal while I was out shopping one day and bought it. I got him a "PSE Jr.", 30# compound bow. Ended-up getting it for 1/2 price, which was nice.

He loves the bow, mainly because it is a compound, like mine... :) I don't know much about the Jr. bows, and mainly bought this one because it was a good deal. It seems to be giving him a good opportunity to get used to shooting; stance, hold, release, etc...

Good luck!
S.

:)

Check out stacey archery's Tom Thumb. I bought on for my 4 yr old and he loves it. It is very adjustable and as the kid grows new limbs and cams can be purchased for the next draw length and poundage at a VERY reasonable price. I beleive with the upgrade limb kits you can go right up to around 45#'s and somethin like 26" draw....you'd have to check their web site for the actual specs. Very happy with it so far!

Hope this helps
Chris

Well, I got mine a Browning Micro Midas when he was young. He out grew it last year and wants something adult sized. It is a good bow, goes from 15-45lbs and a draw length of 15-25(?) It is easy to change both. Browning now makes the Micro Midas III which is a package deal. Don't think you would go wrong considering this.

Ghost Hunter

I'll second Stacey "Lil Thumb & Tom Thumb" bows. Unsurpassed quality with draw lengths adjustable to 16". Great bow if you want to spend a little more money. My daughter has one and loves it.

My son has a Stacey and a PSE Spyder. Both are great bows. The Spyder is a little more affordable and comes with a sight, quiver, etc. Also, don't count Hoyt out, as they make an exceptional kid bow too. Here's the links for you to view some of the bows available. www.staceyarchery.com. www.hoytusa.com. www.pse-archery.com.

Good luck and thanks for getting them involved.

BOHNTR )))------------>

Micro Midas its awesome when it comes to adjustments, more than any other youth bow out there. You can also purchase this for a great price usually under 200.00 smackers. My son has had his for 2 years now and he loves it..

I just sold my wifes Micro Midas II through MM. It was a great bow with lots of adjustments. I beeilve the guy who bought it from me got it for his son whom is around that age. The thing that I like about them is that they are almost univeral. Buy on for him now and you would most likly not have to replace it until he is in his mid teens. Buy the way, were are you in Wyoming?
Michael

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom