Youth Elk Tag

NagaViper

I went down at 10am the other morning to try and get my daughter an elk tag, by the time it was my turn, they were sold out. But, after looking at the regs, it looks like a youth resident hunter can hunt a specific zone, on either the A or B tag. Have any of you had experience doing this? Seems like a pretty good deal.

I'm not sure how to interpret that. Is there a basic "general elk" tag for youth that allows them to hunt any non-controlled hunt and does not account for limited quota tags?

Or is this saying that they can hunt the A or B seasons regardless of the type of tag they pick up?

I just verified with IDFG. It does allow youth to hunt the B season if they get the A tag and visa versa. They have to still hunt the unit/s that the tag is printed for though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom